Your local CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your local CL

Is it just me or is there an overwhelming amount of people bitching and whining about the prices of used instruments on Craigslist.. It seems to be mostly guitar related and never about pianos, horns or other stuff. I'm always seeing people bitching about things being too high and quoting online prices for everything. It's amazing how many "experts" there are on the used market. Its like every other thing.. offer a price.. bargain a bit. if they don't want to deal move on.

yeah, especially when most of the guitars are crap guitars to begin with.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It's happening a lot here also. More like one big bitch session. Wears me out even trying to see what's on there.

Comment

I do use condition as a "bargaining chip" (even when I don't care) but I'm not insulting about it, you know "Well I had hoped it was in better condition but I'll offer you $xxx" instead of "Oh you have got to be kidding me for that price it had better be dead mint and come with a solid gold case because I can get a brand new one for only $600 more" kind of "bargaining."

Guitarists are some cheap bastards. Some people think being assholes is how you bargain, I guess.

Comment

Its happening here as well. People put stuff up and almost immediately, you got other posting links to GC or whatever ripping the poster for even trying to get close to like new.
          Most of the stuff I have handled at GC or Sam Ash has been handled and really in no better shape then the poor bastard asking for a decent buck for his stuff. He may want $200 less then new, throwing in a tuner, bag, CD's & Dvds and pics of his items look like new. Some people are just a$$holes I guess.
          Those Estaban guitars are on here ALL time as well. LOL!

Comment

Is GC bad with shipped/ordered items like they are in-store?

I wouldn't buy most of the beat up junk they have on the walls. I did find a nice American Standard Strat (last year's model for cheap, even) which wasn't dented, scratched, or otherwise fucked up, just needed a setup.

My 15-year-old Fusion HH puts 95% of the junk on the wall at Guitar Center to shame.

The one near me had 3 brand new Explorers that looked like 5-year-old guitars that weren't well cared for. They couldn't move them new for $1500 so they're now trying to sell them as "used" for $900.

Comment

Working...
            X