Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have genital herpes....

Dude!

I am so freakin SICK of medical advertising. I don't have an MD degree, but my elementary school kids are asking me regularly "what is an erection lasting over 4 hours? How do I know if I need one?" "am I healthy enough for sexual activity?" "what is a vaginal discharge?"

seriously, WTF is wrong with advertisers, programmers, and companies? This is before 9pm!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Yeah those asswipes can suck that certain part of my male body.

Comment

You gotta keep the channels tuned to Nickolodeon and Disney... if you stray into the Discoverys, Nat Geos, or if your wife puts on Soap Net, forget it - all you get are hard on pills, vag cream, depression meds with anal bleeding and Billy Mays hawking some garbage.

Sticking to big networks will actually get you better commercials.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I have gotten the what is an erection and what is erectile disfunction and I have complained about this for the last few years. These come on during America's Funniest Home Videos and the Simpsons which to me is a family shows. They either need to put them on later or be a lot more vague.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
          "what is an erection lasting over 4 hours?"
          Easy: priapism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priapism
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
            elementary school kids are asking me regularly "what is an erection lasting over 4 hours? How do I know if I need one?" "am I healthy enough for sexual activity?"

There's a Michael Jackson gag dying to get out there somewhere.

Write to the bosses of the channels and tell them you won't be watching again. Do you have an Advertising Standards Authority over there?
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

It's perfectly fine for the drug companies to splash this crap all over tv but here is what they are more worried about.
              http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090508/...0ZZxNGGqztiBIF
              I guess its ok to get people rushing to their doctor for new drugs but we can't have them rushing to the store to buy new food products.

Comment

I go out of my to NOT buy products that have annoying commercials.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  You gotta keep the channels tuned to Nickolodeon and Disney... if you stray into the Discoverys, Nat Geos, or if your wife puts on Soap Net, forget it - all you get are hard on pills, vag cream, depression meds with anal bleeding and Billy Mays hawking some garbage.

Sticking to big networks will actually get you better commercials.
                  I am trying to broaden my kids horizons a little. I can explain the gags in caddyshack (smooching in a bed, the old man getting mad), but I can't explain the crap that is in these commercials.

So my family can't watch Nat-Geo, Discovery, Comedy Central, the golf Channel, ESPN, history, and FX? That's awesome! All of these great educational shows, sports and comedy, and the actual content isn't anything I can screen.

I guess I will write DirecTV, or cancel my subscription citing this as the reason. But it sucks.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    "The name comes from the Greek god Priapus, referring to the myth that he was punished by the other gods for attempting to rape a goddess, by being given a huge, but useless, set of wooden genitals.The name comes from the Greek god Priapus, referring to the myth that he was punished by the other gods for attempting to rape a goddess, by being given a huge, but useless, set of wooden genitals."

Maybe we should do that to rapists of today
                    Scott

Comment

My suggestion would be to get DVR and just skip the commercials altogether. It's the best thing I have ever done as far as my TV watching experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        "The name comes from the Greek god Priapus, referring to the myth that he was punished by the other gods for attempting to rape a goddess, by being given a huge, but useless, set of wooden genitals.The name comes from the Greek god Priapus, referring to the myth that he was punished by the other gods for attempting to rape a goddess, by being given a huge, but useless, set of wooden genitals."

Maybe we should do that to rapists of today
                        Huh huh, you said he got wood.

Luckily I don't suffer from any Pele-style trouble so steer away from any pills and potions. Watching some poor red-faced geezer flaying his pork sword trying to tip his concrete over 2 wanton sluts (who were beginning to get bored) was enough for me, it looked painful. I think he was rampant for about 24 hours- ayayayayaooooooh.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                        X