I'll be near Austin TX this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be near Austin TX this weekend

at a place called Dripping Springs. We are playing a 3 day fest there. We play Saturday afternoon. If anyone is in that neck of the woods, holler.

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
    at a place called Dripping Springs. We are playing a 3 day fest there. We play Saturday afternoon. If anyone is in that neck of the woods, holler.
    You'll dig it, I bet. I am stuck on the north side all day and going to the cemetary with Grandma - you don't say no to Grandma - she'll kick you in the dick.

Damn - you here?

http://www.myspace.com/thunderofgodsfestival

Hit some salt lick BBQ while you are down there, and if you stay - cool off at Hamilton Pool, or Krauss Springs - they're near you!

I dig Krauss the best of the two.

http://www.texasoutside.com/hamiltonpool.htm

http://www.texasoutside.com/kraussprings.htm
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Thanks! That's where we were..talk about a screwed up deal.
      Here's what I put in our bands blog:

Ok, so our band has been talking to Will for almost 2 years about playing the Thunder of Gods Festival that was this last weekend in Dripping Springs, TX.

128 bands were booked, 3 days of music, 3 stages, camping, beer, and swimming. Sounds like a kick ass time, right? Guess again.

We arrived Friday night, and really everything seemed fine. Not a big crowd though. Didn't really worry about that because Saturday was the "main" day, people were steadily coming in, and we knew more bands and people would be showing up.

Friday night, we partied, met some killer people and had one hell of a time. We were due to play on Saturday @ 1:15 p.m. We got up around 9:30-ish on Saturday, kicked around trying to erase the cobwebs from the night before.

We were supposed to have our gear down at the stages by noon. We were like the 3rd or 4th band to play the 2nd stage, and by 11:00 we realize we don't hear any music. We were afraid the schedule changed, so me Bonez and Buddy run down to check the days lineup. Well, there wasn't one up. We go back up to our camping area and a a lady (one of the vendors) come up and tells us the festival is canceled.

What we were told was, the campground never got paid, the sound guys never got paid, and he just bailed. He sent a text message to someone saying it was cancelled.

To say we were pissed would be a HUGE understatement. It was bad for us, but it was worse for more than us. Shunned drove in from Ft.Wayne, IN, another band flew in from California expecting a back line and had nothing...several bands paid to have their merch put on the table...only to have it disappear. From what I hear, I think Shunned got theirs back and knows who has it and it working to help the other bands get it back.

So, there were about 5 bands there still, and we decide to play any fucking way. The lady that owned the park was SUPER COOL to us, and helped us get shit together and told us to stay and party! So we did!! We all got together to peice together a PA for the vocals and bands that didn't have gear used other folks'. We all jammed, the we spent the rest of the night partying. We had a blast.

So, fuck you Will Pruett!!

Comment

That sucks ass, Jeri, but that's awful cool that you guys made the best of a bad situation! Rock on, Chronicles of Mayhem!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow! That freakin sucks!

No wonder I didn't even know this festival was happening in my own neck of the woods.
          Advertisers probably wanted to be paid up front!

Dude didn't have any commercials that I saw, didn't see anything in the Chronicle or anything either. Glad you made the best of it though!

This Will Pruett character just screwed his resume it seems. That's crazy - if he was setting something up like this and blew it this bad, he is going to have to move to another region AND genre to have any friends everr again. Unbelievable!

Awesome weather this weekend, if not a little hot. Glad you pulled out a decent jam and partied with decent folks.

Well now that you know the lady that owns the grounds and know how easy it is to screw things up, why don't you put together an all volunteer benefit called the "F-Will Pruett Fest 2010" at the same site?" You may get some interest
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
          X