Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slavantas is going through a Spinal tap moment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slavantas is going through a Spinal tap moment.

We are booked to play the Ramrock festival in Antwerp Belgium, a gig we've really looked forward about.

But just a couple of weeks ago Jack T. our second guitar player, dropped a bombshell, the family of his wife had arranged a surprise vacation for the two of them in the northern provinces that would be taking place in that very same weekend, all expenses were paid and everything was arranged. In short, he wouldn't be able to make it. Seeing that it is a SEVEN hour drive.

So we all got together and butted heads on what to do, the first thing that Jack T. said was "Why don't you call Andy?" And so Jack T. basically pushed the guy who he replaced, back into the spot.

Andy during Slavantas' debut gig at the Maastricht Metal Meeting in September 2008, just prior to leaving the band after a punch up with our then bassplayer Ade.

Andy and I have been rehearsing for a couple of days to get his chops back on track since he hasn't been playing the songs after leaving the band, it's fun, old times but also apparent is that the songs have changed so much with Jack T.'s input, Andy actually tried to emulate what Jack T. is playing in order to make the songs sound like the ones we recorded with Jack T. for our upcoming release. I said "No man, you're making it too hard for yourself, just play what you used to play in your own style, and just go with the flow."

So in technical terms tomorrow I'll be on stage with Andy again, almost a year after he left the band, it's gonna be awkward but I'm also feeling good about it.

Shees, how Spinal tap is this?

As long as your drummer doesn't explode, you should be good.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

does his amp go to eleven?

Comment

You should get your bass player to do rhythm guitar. Phone Ade, get him to play bass, give him a big bottle of Vodka, get the monitor engineer to call him a homo and taunt him about getting sacked through his wedge all through the show. I would imagine it would shape up to be the most entertaining set of the day.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          As long as your drummer doesn't explode, you should be good.

Or choke on vomit... Or.. Someone else's vomit..

You know..You can't dna test for vomit.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
            Or choke on vomit... Or.. Someone else's vomit..

You know..You can't dna test for vomit.
            Dust
            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              You should get your bass player to do rhythm guitar. Phone Ade, get him to play bass, give him a big bottle of Vodka, get the monitor engineer to call him a homo and taunt him about getting sacked through his wedge all through the show. I would imagine it would shape up to be the most entertaining set of the day.
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - you are a douche!!! but, yeah, this WOULD be funny!!!!!:ROTF:
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X