No announcement yet.

Who makes the best multi guitar stand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the best multi guitar stand ?

Looking to get a stand that holds 7 guitars. Really doesn't have to be the best just one that won't break the bank, ruin the finish on the necks, or fall over easily( my dogs and cats are insane).
    I was looking at warwick that has the ones that fold into a case, quik lok, pro line( will the guitar shift with no slots?), and hercules(only holds 5 and doesn' seem like it would take a hit from even a little dog).

Get the 8 space Ultracase and buy another guitar for that empty space:

http://www.ultracase.com/gsx.php

Comment

I have a Rockstand & two psycho cats. It holds 7 guitars comfortably.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I have a Rockstand & two psycho cats. It holds 7 guitars comfortably.
        From the pictures, it looks like the bodies could move easily and bump. How stable are the guitars?

Comment

I've had no issues with the guitars moving about. Occasionally an over excited cat will bump a guitar from the rear stop to the front (so the guitar is now resting on its strings on the stop) and, depending on the design of the neighbouring guitar, instruments have lightly come together. But the padding stops a lot of that movement too. I've never had anything fall out of or off the stand
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I have the 5 guitar version of the Rockstand and it serves me pretty well. It takes up a pretty good amount of space so I don't use it at home or in small venues. But for a decent size practice room or stage it's the tits.

IIRC the five space version cost me about 50 bucks and I thing the seven space was about 20 bucks more.

EDIT: Here's the one that I have

http://www.zzounds.com/item--RSTRS5
            Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 05-08-2009, 10:09 AM.
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I have a Warwick stand and it sucks dinged many guitars with it.

Thanks for the link to the Ultracase I have been trying to find those forever. Most major touring acts use it.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Thanks for the link to the Ultracase I have been trying to find those forever. Most major touring acts use it.
                No problem. I wouldn't tour without one.

Comment

Is that from each guitar not having their own slot on the bottom or from not have a way to lock the guitars in at the headstock. This is for home use.

I am also scared that my cats may find a fuzzy case a nice place to pee.

I'm kinda liking this one:
                  http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...ase?sku=457011

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    Is that from each guitar not having their own slot on the bottom or from not have a way to lock the guitars in at the headstock. This is for home use.

I've got two cats at home that have never even gone near my Ultracase and not out of fear of what I'd do to them, but all cats are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post

Its both of the reasons you mention above and if you walk by and accidentally bump one guitar in the rack it crashes into the other ones and that cause some nasty dings.

Comment

that could by why I've never had a problem with mine. It's against a wall, away from traffic areas. The only reason you'd walk anywhere near it would be to grab a guitar
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

i use the warwick stand at home and live. i have a 5 guitar and a 7 guitar. never had a problem at home or on stage. the ultracase looks really nice, but it's pricey -but if you have had problems with the warwick stand, then $500 bucks for a guitar holder my be the answer.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I ended up getting for $90 a 5 guitar warwick that comes in the form of a case but has the bar instead of slots like most case stands. Each guitar has its own slot in the bottom but I will have to find something to keep the headstocks in place.

Comment

Working...
                            X