No announcement yet.

Windows 7... Anyone else tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I noticed that IE8 doesn't suck as much. I still like Firefox or Chrome better though.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I like it so far.
      Have it running as an HTPC using Media Center.

I don't understand why MS doesn't allow me to run an .ISO without needing a 3rd party app to mount the file?
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
        I like it so far.
        Have it running as an HTPC using Media Center.

I don't understand why MS doesn't allow me to run an .ISO without needing a 3rd party app to mount the file?
        You can thank all the assholes that sued MS for building in too much functionality into previous Windows versions for the LACK of what many consider basic functionality.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          You can thank all the assholes that sued MS for building in too much functionality into previous Windows versions for the LACK of what many consider basic functionality.
          Yep. Can you imagine if Microsoft put in a spell checker in wordpad, DVD player, Decent Image edit, CD/DVD Burning, Tax Software, Spreadsheet, Etc.....

Comment

Well, if they can make those programs, where's the problem? Granted MS used to give a lot of that stuff away free, but they also had stuff you had to buy (Office with all the advanced stuff).

However, what these companies should be focusing on is 100% format compatability so I can edit a PowerPoint presentation or Excel file in Quattro or whatever anyone else's counterpart, and vice versa. I've had it with all this "proprietary format" crap that doesn't work on anything except the system it was made on.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              There is nothing quite as delightful as having a team of lawyers from your competitors and the United States Department of Justice decide what you can't put into your products.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Well, if they can make those programs, where's the problem? Granted MS used to give a lot of that stuff away free, but they also had stuff you had to buy (Office with all the advanced stuff).

However, what these companies should be focusing on is 100% format compatability so I can edit a PowerPoint presentation or Excel file in Quattro or whatever anyone else's counterpart, and vice versa. I've had it with all this "proprietary format" crap that doesn't work on anything except the system it was made on.
                Well, MS moved over to an open document format with Office 2007. Their XPS format (PDF competitor) is also plain text.
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X