Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took a flying lesson yesterday...

and fcukin loved it

done an hour in a piper tomahawk and found it prety easy to control (btw i'm currently taking driving lessons and the plane was easier to control than a car :think

this could be a new hobby.....
    yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
    and fcukin loved it

done an hour in a piper tomahawk and found it prety easy to control (btw i'm currently taking driving lessons and the plane was easier to control than a car :think

this could be a new hobby.....

That's awesome!! About 8 years ago, I inquired about flying lessons and was told it would be $125.00 USD per hour, with a minimum of 40 hours, but probably closer to 60. I simply couldn't afford that... even now.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Very cool!
      I learned to fly sailplanes 9 years ago, got my pilots licence but quit after two year due to lack of time (got my band started and had army service coming).

Much, much cheaper hobby than flying motorized planes, I could even afford it as a student. And more challenging because you really have to work to stay in the air. Was alot of fun!
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Go all the way and get your license. You will not regret it. BTW whats the average cost in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by hgsmith View Post
          Go all the way and get your license. You will not regret it. BTW whats the average cost in the UK?
          around £100 per lesson + landing fees.

Comment

Tomahawks have issues. At least they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by pjg View Post
              I heard Custer didn't like them either!
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by pjg View Post
                yeah so i've read (only 90 odd rivets holding the entire back end of the plane on to the main body)......

Comment

Working...
                X