Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH! No guitar for a couple weeks.

Sorry no pics yet.

I just burnt my left hand pretty bad. You're all gonna laugh when I tell you what I did. I had my BIG soldering iron beside me, while I was doing some electrical work in the basement. It was kinda dark, and the hot end of this particular iron is very thick, and looks very similar to the handle. Well, I reached out to grab it, and grabbed the wrong end. I didn't just touch it. I wrapped my hand right around it, and picked it up. Wow, that was a shock!!

My hand doesn't look too bad yet, but it's gonna be pretty frightful when the blisters come up. Hurts like fuck too.:ROTF:

I wasn't even high when I did it!

I am now though!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Whoa! I know the kind of soldering iron you're talking about. Pain!

Well, have you ever considered playing slide?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Damn zeeg! Hope it heals fast bro.

Comment

Soak in in distilled white vinegar.
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Oh man... Sorry, but I did laugh me ass off. But more so because that is something I can see myself doing. I can't even imagine the pain, but I'm pretty sure it wicked sucks.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Ouch! Reminds me of the time I grabbed the handle of a frying pan in the oven. Sometimes your brain just doesn't fire the right messages.

If you haven't already, put some ice on it. The skin keeps burning for quite a while after the heat source is removed.
            Scott

Comment

ouch man , is it sadistic i want some pics?
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Yeah I went there damnit!

Sucks to hear man, I figure I'm good to do that or splash hot lead (I stockpiled before it got banned. I loves me my lead fumes.) in my eye every time I pick up an iron. So I tend to be super paranoid about it and that usually keeps it from happening.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Don't worry, I'll take a couple of pics when there's something to see. I've been using ice and aloe vera gel. I'm really just bummed that I cant play guitar.

Comment

Ahhh you'll be OK Zeegs...shred away with your blistered, pussy mit...no pain , no gain.

:idea:wait..how do you spell pussy..as in filled with puss? It's the same as pussy. I'm in a tizzy..:think:
                    Last edited by horns666; 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've done similar, you actually smell it before it registers that you are burning like an Aussie bushfire. That's when you feel it, just as you leap about screaming "FUCKFUCKFUCKSHITPISSKNACKERSAAAARGHH!!!!"

Still, it could be worse, think about how badly poor old Stevie Wonder was burned when the phone rang as he was doing his ironing.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                        I've done similar, you actually smell it before it registers that you are burning like an Aussie bushfire. That's when you feel it, just as you leap about screaming "FUCKFUCKFUCKSHITPISSKNACKERSAAAARGHH!!!!"

Still, it could be worse, think about how badly poor old Stevie Wonder was burned when the phone rang as he was doing his ironing.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No laughing here dude. I've done the same thing. Burned the meat right off my hand once so I know how it feel.
                          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I layed my hand flat across the grill while horseplaying while working at Cracker Barrel. A burn is some intense pain. Rsmacker has the string down pat!

Silvercreme works fucking wonders! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_sulfadiazine

Comment

I think mine was something like "OOOHAAAAHFUUUUCKFUUUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK............... ...............SHIT!"

Comment

Working...
                              X