Clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes?

My GF loves to buy me polo shirts and geh designer jeans. I'm tired of that crap and I want to get back to what I used to wear. I used to wear something with some kind of skull or blood dripping on it every day for years. Now I can't find cool stuff and I'm not going to the stupid mall. Where to you buy your clothing from?

There's shitload of cool looking clothes that wasn't availuable before the whole guiitar/rock/metal scene came back with a frenzy. Now you can buy band shirt..or skull..music...guitar graphics and ect cheap at KMart..Walmart..JC Penny..Sears..you name it. I had to special order my black 505s (501 with a zipper) because they did NOT stock those when all the kids were wearing the baggy shit. I bought shiloads of them 10 years ago..and still have about half a dozen new ones still in the packages. But you can find 505, 501 and they slim fit ones everywhere...cheap.

Ironically I don't have a problen finding "cool" looking rock oriented style hoodies, shirts pants these days. In fact I can't avoid it. I just bought a shitload of clothes for my kid. ..skeletons , skulls, playing drums..guitars..and Black Sabbath shirt from KMart. That shit you had to buy from expensive specialy shops back in the day.

To be honest I NEVER let my wife of 23+ years dress me. She didn't dress me before I met her and she obvioulsy liked what she saw. I dress the exact same way today that I did in high school. My traditional 20 year old 5 pocket biker leather, Black Levi 505s, and plain black T or the ocassional band shirt..usually when I go see bands and shit.

The way I look at it..what I wear is timeless and was around well before I was born. Greasers wore the eactly same clothes in the 50's and before that. Bikers wore it thru the 60's and 70's, Bay area Thrash band wore the same shit in the 80, Metalheads in the 90's, and kids are wearing the same shit today. My chosen fasion transcended 50's years of every trend immaginable. I'll be wearing the same clothes until I die.

If ya think I'm putting on sandals, shorts, and a fuggin' polo shirt...then I've lost all functions of my brain and prolly sitting in a wheechair, laughing while giving kids the finger.

BTW I never worn blue jeans, or any color but black since I was 13. John met a freind that was in high school with me and told him they used to call me Johnny Cash. Of course I wasn't a fan of Johnny Cash back then..I was a metalhead. I dressed like Ozzy did inside the Paranoid album sleeve. I wanted to look like that...big cros and all. I retired my cross tho. Wearing ALL black keeps it simple to match clothes..it's never an issue. The only drawback to wearing black is that it is HOT as fuck in the sun. But I hate how I look in colors..it's not me.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I steal my clothes from Bill's dryer when he's not lookin'

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Basically I dress like Malon Brando did in the 1955 biker movie "The Wild Ones" ..except for the hat. I always look stupid in hats. Except a skullcap in the winter..black ones of course...even one with a skull on it.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
          I steal my clothes from Bill's dryer when he's not lookin'

That's you..I thought that was my kid ya bastid. Actaully he's much smaller than me, but he inherited some old rock shirts of mine that are a shrunked size large that fits him pretty good. Then he stole my Converse Chuck Taylor that I've had for years. But I only wear combat boots now. I keep em really shiny. I have OCD when it comes to my shoes and boots. They all look like mirrors. Something being a cop did to me..I guess.

BTW I paid $50 to $60 for "cool" shirts made by "Dragonfly" and ect. at indepedent specialty clothing stores.. you can find now even nicer looking ones everywhere for about $20. Including JC penny and Sears. I'd never guess how I dressed would be "cool" to kids these days. I used to get ALOT of comments on my clothes about 10 years ago..now it's kind of the norm really...who knew?:think:
          Last edited by horns666; 04-18-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I wear black pants and usually a solid color shirt or some band shirts. I ordered a few cool band shirts off line, a few I took from friends, too.

I'm contemplating getting those EVH shoes though haha.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

You know how I know I'm gay?

I just wrote a fuggin' book on fasion!

Thanks Jay..

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                You know how I know I'm gay?

I just wrote a fuggin' book on fasion!

Thanks Jay..
                We love you anyway, Bubbles.

Now gi's a kiss!

What I wear comes from just about everywhere.

My trademark thing is a plain black long sleeve shirt. The standard thing, you know. A plaid shirt some other times. A black, brown or grey t-shirt underneath, if I decide to wear anything underneath. Then if it's cold either a strictly black hoodie goes on top, a Vietnam war army Jacket, or my blue army styled jacket I got for christmas that has enough pockets for me to not bother count them (it has pockets within damn pockets. There were a number of times when I forgot which pocket I put something important in. Imagine what that felt like )

For trousers, I usually black or blue jeans, Wranglers or Big Star, or more often, camos. Get those in surplus stores. Been wearing camo stuff all my life as my mother was working in a military training centre back in the day, so it feels just right for me to wear those things.

Then I usually wear either combat boots, or skateshoes. Depending on what the weather is like, where I'm going or what I'm wearing, or if I can be arsed to spend 20 minutes lacing those bastards up

Shit, I guess I'm gay too, then. Anyone need a hug?
                Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

My standard outfits consist of jeans with either band shirts or long-sleeve dress shirts. The latter are in a variety of colors - I'm talkin' coral, purple, cranberry, royal blue, black, patterns, you name it. I've watched What Not To Wear too much. I pretty much only wear Doc Marten oxfords or monk shoes, unless it's something more formal, in which case I've got some Kenneth Cole square toe slip-ons. Then there's the leather 3/4 trench and fedora. I'm an odd one.
                  Last edited by Sinistas; 04-18-2009, 10:38 PM.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Donovan View Post
                    My GF loves to buy me polo shirts and geh designer jeans. I'm tired of that crap and I want to get back to what I used to wear. I used to wear something with some kind of skull or blood dripping on it every day for years. Now I can't find cool stuff and I'm not going to the stupid mall. Where to you buy your clothing from?
                    Sounds like shes got your ass whipped good :ROTF:

Comment

Clothes are easy.

Pants - jeans, camo pants, camo shorts, black cargo shorts.
                      Shirt - t-shirt with band logo or some stupid phrase like "I'm not insensitive, I just don't give a shit"
                      Jacket - Leather, what else?
                      Head - Jackson baseball hat, or black C.O.C toque.
                      Feet - black Chuck Taylors, or black leather boots.

I also frequently wear my black BLS hoodie when it's cold, or my dark grey C.O.C. Dickies workshirt.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        I also frequently wear my black BLS hoodie when it's cold
                        When its cold...it almost seems like I wear my BLS hoodie damn near every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
                          When its cold...it almost seems like I wear my BLS hoodie damn near every day.
                          Yeah, same here, but it's getting kinda warm here now finally, so I won't be wearing it as much.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Interesting, I'm the complete opposite,I have no desire to dress like I did when I was 20 . I wouldn't be seen dead in a band t-shirt..or any type of t-shirt that looks even remotely metal...I find them incredibly cheesy

I loves me my polo shirts and designer jeans...throw in some nice shirts in the mix and I'm good to go .

I'm going to get my metal license revoked aren't I?

Comment

I alternate between my 3 Jackson shirts, a Sonata Arctica shirt, a Hard Rock Cafe shirt I got as a gift, and a shirt I got at a Canada vs. Russia hockey game. They're all black. I only wear jeans and I wear a bunnyhug (Hooded sweatshirt, that's what they're called here) almost every day of the year. I alternate between my school ones and a brand name one I got as a gift. For shoes I have a basic pair of sneakers and a super awesome pair of black leather/suede skate shoes because my feet are too wide for anything else. They pass of a my dress shoes because they're kinda basic and not flashy other than the leathery sheen. I don't wear hats. People can use my shiny head as a beacon that way. I don't have a leather jacket though I'd like to get one. I have an all-purpose jacket and a heavy winter coat that weighs more than 10 pounds that I need since I walk home in -40 weather.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,
                              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                              X