anyone got a KINDLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got a KINDLE

o I get a KINDLE 2 from Amazon. I got tired of luggin around books on trips and shit. So i get a KINDLE the other day and i like it. I am not 100% sold yet but i do like it. I am a avid reader. Most Kindle books appear to be $9.99 for the titles I like while the paper versions are anywhere from $12.99 to $30.00 So I will get pay back in a few months. the KINDLE is $349.00 on sale.

I subscribed to the International Herald tribune newspaper. It gets downloaded every night to the KINDLE. Its cheaper and I dont have to deal with the trash paper when I am done.

I find the screen very easy to read from. It really does look like paper and my eyes dont tire as rapidly as a laptop screen. I hate reading on a computer. Thats why I pay for content I could get on the web free of charge.

I am reading the next 100 years by friedman. Excellent book. While it look bleak now he says this si the Century of America. we are going to bounce back and have a war or two but the economy is going to boom big time again soon.

Get this he says the next world powers are - Japan, Turkey and Poland . China is a paper tiger. He says "you dont believe me?" He says that at the beginning of this century teh US wasnt a global Power at all but after a war or two BANG we are the kings. Makes sense from a history point of view.

et the book he is very convincing and of course the founder of STRATFOR - a fantastic think tank.

Thats cool that you are enjoying the Kindle. I know of a few people that love theirs...me on the other hand, I just cant imagine not reading an actual book. There is something about having an actual book in my hands that the Kindle just wouldnt do anything for me...plus its too expensive for me

Maybe if I was able to actually use one I would change my mind, but for now ill stick with actual books.

Comment

I've been on the fence for getting one since V1 came out. V2 is *very* tempting, but damn they are not cheap. I spend a lot of money on books, so maybe it would be a wash in a couple years.

Comment

Working...
      X