How to get notified of concerts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get notified of concerts?

I am trying to find mailing lists, or websites so that I know when decent bands are in my hemisphere.

You guys know of a mailing list by genre, or something?
    All I can find is by particular bands, venues, or ticketmaster.

I can't ever seem to get wind of Tesla or any medium popularity bands until after they drifted by.
    I am not signing up at every random band site that I can find, but would be cool to know if someone is in Dallas, Houston, or SA - hell even Austin BEFORE they get here....

Any ideas? All I can find is deathmetal stuff - but I like Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Exodus, Venom, Slayer, Judas Priest, Warrant, Lamb of God, the Misfits, Alabama Thunderpussy, The Cure, Spandau Ballet, and Dolly Parton.

That would be a hell of a bill, now wouldn't it!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Here is a few that I use. I use an RSS reader

http://www.livedaily.com/tickets/

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm?...NAA&pid=400512

And Blabbermouth usually has news on concerts as well. You just have to wade through the other garbage.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I find I have the best luck by keeping an eye on bands I want to see websites. Their websites more often than not will list the smaller club fill in dates too.

Comment

Wait till your mates tell you.

As in :

"Hey, you should have gone to see XXX last night, they were fucking brilliant. We didn't tell you because we didn't think you were interested."

That's the way I find out about gigs. Bastards.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

live nation will e-mail you concert information in your area. I'm at work now, but will try to post information later.
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Thanks for all the input.

Yeah, I just have such diverse music tastes that I can't sign up for every band's website.

It's especially hard to keep up with hair bands that have inbred and split 80 times like black 'n blue, warrant, etc - let alone Motley Crue, the incarnations of Ratt, Sabbath, and all.
            We don't get any real 80s metal in Austin at all.
            The closest they come is SA/Dallas/Houston.

For the live music capital of the world, we ain't got $hit except a bunch of greasy young men with bedhead that think they are the killers or the white stripes or some Lyle Lovett wannabees.

Metallica did play stubb's bbq the other day...good luck getting in there! I found out 20 minutes ahead of time, and my friend sent me a note that he had a security gig and it was great.

Otherwise, It's just Rocklahoma, Ozzfest, and few other tours that never come here.
            I did catch UFO/Tesla/Scorpions a while back. That may have been the last indoor metal concert of any real advertising or size in ATX for the last 5 years.

Just kinda tired of local bands, and not too jacked up about black/death/grindcore/emo/goth or whatever has a bit of a following here.

We do have a couple of good cover bands.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I know Saxon will be visiting Texas this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                I know Saxon will be visiting Texas this summer.
                Now that's what I am talking about.
                Break out the loincloth, we're going to see SAXON!
                I know just the folks to call for an occasion like this.....

Comment

This is something like what I was looking for, but you can't deselect genre - like P-diddy, kid-rock, etc.

http://www.tourtracker.com/city/austin-tx

But you are telling me in the friggin capital of texas that bills itself as the live music capital of the world the best we can do is Chick Corea and Chris Cornell?
                  Look at the sad listings for the week....

Comment

Picked up
                    Jerry Jeff Walker,
                    Leon Russel,
                    the plain white Ts,
                    Dale Watson,
                    New Found Glory,
                    Morrissey
                    Asleep at the wheel
                    Blue October
                    The Gourds
                    Los Lobos
                    Cattle Decapitation
                    and Bruce Springsteen
                    by widening the net to 50 mile radius for 30 days.

Is that really the best we can do?
                    BooooRing....

The most interesting bands in here are the ones that are always here.
                    Jerry Jeff, the Gourds, Dale Watson, Asleep @ the wheel, Leon Russell

Morissey and Cattle Decapitation may be the best thing on here...dayum!

Comment

You can look up shows by artist, city, venue...all kinds of ways here:

http://www.pollstar.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X