X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Music: Heaven & Hell...

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/03/24...song-premiere/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

I heard a snippet of this song on their myspace page the other day. Nice! Can't wait to hear the rest.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

So who's been watching Hentai?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        So who's been watching Hentai?

??? I missed that one,

Nonetheless... Dio still has it... Man, that guy is like the voice of heavy metal. The music is sorta boring... I LOVE Geezer and his playing, I can take or leave Appice, and Tony is well, Tony. I always crave something alittle more complex or tasty from him. But he does have the "evil mode" that works well for his writing.

Wish some new wicked guitar guy would come up from hell and work with Dio before he dies... Tony is wicked and evil like NO ONE ELSE, just getting a lil boring...

But damn, RJD is still very engaging in his ability to evoke such an evil emotion in a tune. Dude's phrasing just is amazing. Dio and Halford are the shit... And Dio still has my money for his evil inflections...
        Last edited by Cleveland Metal; 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I'll give it 665.1 horns up!!!

666 if Ozzy sang background Vox and Bill Ward pounded the skins...off his weiner.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

sounds good but I'd rather hear Tony recording with Glenn Hughes and Kenny Aronoff again... kinda tired of Dio and I'm afraid that any kind of Sabbath line-up doesn't have the freshness to bring out above average material anymore... I thought that Tony brings out more fresh ideas with Glenn and Kenny as those guys can do modern stuff very well, and it's a monster grooving power trio... I think they can only improve, Fused wasn't perhaps the most kickass riffing album but it had cool ideas and a nice trippy vibe, I'd love to see it live... I know it will be awesome... saw Glenn last year and he blew away all the rock singers I've ever seen live.
            Last edited by Endrik; 03-24-2009, 05:43 PM.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I really like it. Looking forward to the album and hopefully another concert here!
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I agree alot w/Cleveland Metal. To me the only guy who ever came close to Dio was a younger Chris Cornell for quality and power.

if I had either of those two I just don't think I'd need anyone else if I wanted to play very hard rock.
                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                  I agree alot w/Cleveland Metal. To me the only guy who ever came close to Dio was a younger Chris Cornell for quality and power.

if I had either of those two I just don't think I'd need anyone else if I wanted to play very hard rock.
                  Cornell is my ol' singer's favorite. But Jorn Lande is the new king in my book! He's half Coverdale and half Dio and more powerful than both IMO!

He's what Malmsteen is to Blackmoore and Uli Roth.

I love all players mentioned. Uli is my personal favorite player but he's not OTT as Yngwie.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Jorn is a great singer but definitely not more powerful than David or Dio... his vocal tone is actually quite mellow and smooth which suits with his melodic lines but he doesn't have a blues backround which gives the edgy and thick rauncy tone which comes from between the stomach and throat... this is what Coverdale have mastered... when he goes to high notes with head voice it makes it sounds kinda raw but very thick and powerfull, Jorn's head voice doesn't have that kind of girth
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I like it that it's that it's not tune down and maybe not "up beat" sounding... I can't wait to hear the other more dark sounding tracks that are sure to be on this record!!!
                      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                      custom made Les Paul
                      VOX Tonelab LE
                      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                      ADA MP1
                      BBE 422A
                      Lexicon MPX-G2
                      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                      Support Your Local 81

Comment

Thanks for posting the link much appreciated.
                        Good music to look for later this year.

If we could just get Priest to give us a real metal album and Rob to lose a little weight that would make 2009 a good year musically.

I gave up expecting any thing decent from the VH camp.
                        Last edited by Soap; 03-25-2009, 05:52 PM.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I had a big ol' smile on my face when the main riff finally kicked in...true Iommi style. My head started banging almost immediately. Not the greatest solo from Tony, but I'm sure there's some on the album. RJD doesn't sound as good as usual. The voice production doesn't seem very well done to me. Whoever mentioned Chris Cornell, that would be interesting to hear. He has a killer voice. I will be looking forward to this album when it comes out.
                          Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Working...
                          X