Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox 360's are complete JUNK.....but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360's are complete JUNK.....but....

Damn I love making money off fixing them. In the last 2 weeks I have made about $450.00 fixing these pieces of shit.

The new chips everyone touts are just as shitty as the old. I have 2 people that bought Elites that went RROD within 2 months of purchasing brand new. They can't return them to MS for various reasons: Modded drives, aftermarket cases, etc.

The fix is not permanent. It may last a month or two....maybe a year or so....you never know. But, to most, its worth spending the $50.00 to find out.

So, they bring them to me. Its a good thing too..... I was about to resort to pimping out the missuz. I wouldn't have made a dime unless I charged by the pound.

Thats funny right there...I don't care who you are...that's funny. -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
    ..... I was about to resort to pimping out the missuz. I wouldn't have made a dime unless I charged by the pound.

Thats funny right there...I don't care who you are...that's funny. -Lou
    :ROTF:
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have yet to see a RROD fix that lasts more than a couple of months with constant playing. We could all start throwing a lot less shit away if they would just bring back lead solder. Hmmm.. lets see. Fill up our land fills with billions of pounds of junk electronics, or have some lead in products that last for several if not 7-10 years instead of 7-10 months beyond the 90 day warranty. The whole electronics world is in a sad state quality wise IMO. But hey, I make a living fixing the sorry ass shit they build these days, so what the hell.
      The Buzzard does not fear
      The man in riot gear
      Harvest a skull of stone
      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by Flametop View Post
        I have yet to see a RROD fix that lasts more than a couple of months with constant playing. We could all start throwing a lot less shit away if they would just bring back lead solder. Hmmm.. lets see. Fill up our land fills with billions of pounds of junk electronics, or have some lead in products that last for several if not 7-10 years instead of 7-10 months beyond the 90 day warranty. The whole electronics world is in a sad state quality wise IMO. But hey, I make a living fixing the sorry ass shit they build these days, so what the hell.
        More like 20 years for old style solder. My bro's NES still works like when he get it for Christmas in 1989.

My brother's 360 lasted 10 months of solid use (Mainly by me) before it died and mine's lasted about 7 (Since he moved away I had to buy my own).

Companies need to make their consoles like Nintendo. The stuff they make is freakin' indestructible. My DS has been through 5 years of hell (I have a launch model) and it still works great. Our 64 is still great though the joy sticks on the controllers are a little worn out. Our NES still works great including all of the controllers. As does my GBA which still works great and I got it in grade 3. My brother's Gameboy Pocket from 1999 still works like a charm too. My Gamecube works fine too.

Our Genesis is functionable most of the time though the controllers are all destroyed from me playing way too much Street Fighter. I recently bought a new controller so I have it hooked up next to my Xbox.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

My new 360 is flawless at 5 months... my last one was a launch one. My friends still have their launch ones and play them all the time. It's a crapshoot, and will continue to be as they become more and more like modern computers.

Comment

I bought my X-box360 the day Halo 3 came out (2-3 years ago?) and never had a problem with it. It's noisy as hell but it doesn't bother me that much

Comment

I think what would have helped out is that it needs an active heatsink versus a passive. Don't know why they didn't put a fan directly on the CPU.-Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I've got 3 360s. Had the first one for about 5 months before Oblivion killed it (wouldn't read game discs), so I bought another to play while the first one was off at repair due to the horror stories I heard about wait times.

Never got around to sending it in, and then a year later the 2nd one died - wouldn't read game discs. First one appeared to have straightened itself out, but that only lasted a week. Since I was hip-deep in Dead Rising, I bought a 3rd one and promised to send the others off for repair.

Never got around to it, and in less than 30 days the 3rd one - supposedly the "Falcon" that everyone was masturbating about - stopped reading game discs.

I have never had the RROD. At least not that it wouldn't clear up on its own. I've had it maybe 5 times total over 3 consoles, and each time I just leave it off for an hour and it's good to go.

My trouble has always been that the console wouldn't read the game discs. Original discs, unmodded consoles all bought brand new from WalMart by me, so I know it's not "used gear syndrome". Never had a rental or copied game disc in the tray, so it's not hacks or virii.

Lead-free solder isn't the answer. A better soldering system is the answer. Instead of running them through a solder bath in the blink of an eye, take the time to do it right and stop worrying about parts per manhour. Yay it costs you 12c to make one because they're flying out the door at 300,000 a minute. You're getting back 80% of them to fix.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I sent all 3 in for repair at once. I was a hit with the girl behind the counter at the UPS Store - she thought I was rich for having 3 of them

However, the external cooling units like the Pelican FanStand and the Nyko InterCooler are definitely worth the money. I have not had one problem out of my consoles that wasn't directly related to software issues since putting those on mine.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

XBOX 360 is the biggest piece of shit ever! In my house we have (and this is not an exaggeration) 1 Atari 2600 (30 years old-works great) 1 Nintendo NES (works, but you have to jiggle the cartridge like most) 1 Sega Genesis with the 32X adapter (works great) 1 Playstation One (works, but locks up occasionally) 2 Nintendo Game Cubes (work great) 1 Sega Saturn (works as good as it did new which was a FAR better platform than the PS1...needs new controller) 2 Playstation 2(mine works perfectly, the kids is full of dust and doesn't read all disks) 2 Playstation 3 units which have been on practically 24/7 for over 2 years now....no issues. Once there was an XBox 360 which we got the same day as the 1st PS3, it worked for 2 months and died....got another, died a few months later....got a 3rd didn't even last a month. Cut our losses and bought the 2nd PS3. Microsoft needs to stick to computer software with a 2&1/2 3 year life cycle. Gaming consoles need to last much longer than the typical Microsoft program. What a ripoff.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I'm surprised I didn't kill my Xbox playing Dead Rising. I got the 3 day survival. I've played through the whole game in one sitting trying to get all 50 survivors and it still evades me.

I'm sure I'll kill it playing Castle Crashers all day with my friend.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Two other mistakes on the 360, at least in my opinion, Is that the CPU and GPU are too close together. The other flaw was not utilizing a ZIF CPU socket. -Lou

Comment

The Xbox sucks because MS as a company sucks. I love my Xbox for entertainment purposes, but as far as quality it really is piss poor! Microsoft really should just change the spelling to "Micro$oft."
                          I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

This is why I love my PS3. What's the fail rate of a PS3? I read somewhere that it was about 1%. In this 1%, HDD failures and disc read errors were included. I bought mine the day MGS4 came out. Got the 80 Gig MGS4 package and it still works like new. Yeah, it's a more expensive console and the accessories are more expensive, but it's quality you're buying.

Comment

Nintendo does make some tough stuff. I'm amazed what my kids put their DS handhelds through and they keep working perfectly. We did have two gamecubes go bad (started failing to read disks), but our Wii has been rock solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X