Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, my band had its first "opener for a big band" gig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, my band had its first "opener for a big band" gig.

And we opened for Vengeance

We had high hopes for this one, being fans of the band and such and that we would have a full house to play. Vengeance is a band with a huge following so a sold out venue would have been a guarantee...

Alas, guess which band also played that very same day?

Everybody that promised to attend the gig that would be our break canceled because that band from down under would be playing and if offered a choice between attending a gig from your friends and going to see one of the biggest rock bands on the planet what would you have chosen?

Anyway, regardless of the lack of a sizable audience we did play and gave it 200% and people loved it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Doc96r2AYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd5lSShZb5U

But still, playing a sold out venue would have been nice too...

Here's pictures of the gig itself.

My Younger brother "Black art" on the bass.

Caveman pounding some skins.

Beatings.

Jack T and yours truly riffing.

Comment

"Yours truly" isnt a cool stage name..should change it to evil devil ho fucker or satan...lol
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

New bass player looks to be a little more professional than the old one. Jack T is still skinnier than I though humanly possible.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          "Yours truly" isnt a cool stage name..should change it to evil devil ho fucker or satan...lol

Ummm yeah..that's what I think!

I got Vengeance' "back in the ring". ..a little too AC/DC-Krokus ish for my liking. Their older stuff is better IMO!
          Last edited by horns666; 03-21-2009, 12:08 PM.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My band opened for Testament, Skin Lab, Strapping Young Lads and Quiet Riot (Not one big gig,They were all different shows). Sounds impressive but is was really a let down. just another show, nothing ever came of it. Basically we sold a bunch of tickets to pack the club for the owner and handed him a lump of cash in exchange for playing before some of our favorite bands. I don't miss that BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              My stage name is "Blazer"

Comment

You should use your own names instead of stage names. Those made up names are for lightweights bro. Caveman, Jack T, Beatings and Yours Truly (aka Blazer)??? Sounds like a sick version of The Wizard of Oz! Regarding the gig and the bad timing.. shit happens. Get used to it. Also.. you can pretty much count on 75% of the people that say they are coming to NOT SHOW UP for one reason or another. Its the people you don't talk to that show up. You can never count on your friends for gigs. Maybe the 1st few.. but thats about it. Once they feel they made their commitment.. you won't see them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                  My stage name is "Blazer"

Would that be as in Chevy... or the type of pants suit??

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    Would that be as in Chevy... or the type of pants suit??
                    Neither it's a reference to my first electric guitar: an Ibanez Blazer.

The guitar as it is now. I modified the tar out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                      Neither it's a reference to my first electric guitar: an Ibanez Blazer.

The guitar as it is now. I modified the tar out of it.
                      Good thing for you your first guitar wasn't a Hello Kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        Good thing for you your first guitar wasn't a Hello Kitty.
                        I'm 32 years old, and when I bought that Blazer back in 1988 from my own savings, Hello Kitty guitars didn't exist but there WERE pink guitars around in those days.

THESE:

And These

And THESE

But for a twelve tear old they simply were unobtainable because of being expensive. But believe me, back then I would've loved to own one of those pink shred monsters.

Comment

Working...
                        X