Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a few hours Slavantas will get into the studio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a few hours Slavantas will get into the studio.

To record our debut albums "The last men standing" As it stands it will feature six tracks, and the music for four of them were penned by me with our lead singer providing Lyrics and one track that was completely done by me both music and lyrics.

The recording engineer, told us to bring our stage equipment to lay the base tracks with so that's exactly what I'm planning to take along: My London City half stack, my Boss ME50 effects unit, my self build Explorer, my ESP Eclipse and last but not least my 1989 Squier Stratocaster "The Veteran" And, if needed, I'll bring along my Ovation acoustic along as well since it's a killer recording guitar.

Jack T, our second guitarist, already told me that that studio has every cool amp and guitar one can think of, but for now I'm gonna play safe and use stuff I'm familiar with.

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
    To record our debut albums "The last men standing" As it stands it will feature six tracks, and the music for four of them were penned by me with our lead singer providing Lyrics and one track that was completely done by me both music and lyrics.

The recording engineer, told us to bring our stage equipment to lay the base tracks with so that's exactly what I'm planning to take along: My London City half stack, my Boss ME50 effects unit, my self build Explorer, my ESP Eclipse and last but not least my 1989 Squier Stratocaster "The Veteran" And, if needed, I'll bring along my Ovation acoustic along as well since it's a killer recording guitar.

Jack T, our second guitarist, already told me that that studio has every cool amp and guitar one can think of, but for now I'm gonna play safe and use stuff I'm familiar with.

Good luck and have fun. Don't rush anything. Watch your timing and try not to look at the clock. As soon as you get a little tired or ear fuzzy the session is OVER.

Comment

Ignore that. Get stuck into the complimentary booze and play pool for a few hours. Every now and again, wander into the control room and marvel at the way the engineer (or his mate) slickly mike up the kit, with the grace of a crippled tortoise.

Look at your watch and tut a lot. Think how much money they are charging per hour.

Go back and order some pizza.

And a hooker.

Or 2.

Drink more.

Hit the bong.

See if engineer is still awake.

Admire the skill with which he pretends to have only been "resting his eyes", wiping away the drool as he tries to remember what fucking day it is. He'll remember to bill you though, oh yes.

Take the piss out of drummer who won't play unless his lucky gonk is sitting on the kit.Lay down the law, tell him to get on with it, there's no time to lose, this is costing good money.

Watch Jeremy fucking Kyle on telly while you wait for the drummer to return from home with gonk.

Listen to the tracks endlessly while some fat hairy oaf regales you of tales of nearly being the tea-boy when Motley Crue recorded their first demo. Before they were Motley Crue. Only someone else got the job.

Wish you had the skill to move a slider a mm up or down before playing the track over and over.

When engineer is happy with his day's pay, erm, work, call it a day. Go home thinking you are set for the big time.

Listen to radio on way in in the morning, realise your track sounds like a gang of gaylords homming it up.Think how much yours has cost.

Spend next 25 years sleeping on bed propped up by unwanted copies of your demo.

Kill yourself.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
      X