PC Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Help

Any time I go to google or msn they think I am in the UK. I am actually in Texas. Anyone have any ideas as to what is happening?

disregard, I figured it out.

Comment

Glad to help.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
        Glad to help.
        :ROTF:

What was it? Curious is all, no biggie...
        Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

I reset the IP address on the router (I use Fios) and made sure the region on the PC was set to USA. After doing that it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
            :ROTF:

What was it? Curious is all, no biggie...
            He has bad teeth.

Anyway, Jason, so if I do things the other way round, will it appear that I am in the USA? I can't get Pandora over here thanks to licensing and it's really pissing me off. Proxy servers don't appear to work either.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I have no idea on that one. My MS region was US. I checked my IP on an IP locator web site and that was what said I was in the UK. I reset the router (turned it off and on) and it refreshed the IP and all went back to normal. I guess if you change your IP to a US IP it would work, but I have no idea how to do that.

Comment

Well, how did you change your IP to a UK IP? :think:

Are you sure you weren't hacked?
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Well, how did you change your IP to a UK IP? :think:

Are you sure you weren't hacked?
                  My thought as well.

I'd check for any open ports and close all the ones you don't use/need.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

This is above my head if I was hacked zone alarm didnt notice it.

Comment

Zone Alarm only tells you when you're trying to open a System folder
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Get Avast!, it's free, awesome, low power, and when a trojan tried to install on my computer it yelled at me and was like "INTRUSION ALERT!!!!" and I thought it was hilarious. The scary thing is that the only site I was on was Facebook. They're trying to spy on us, I swear.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Avast is awesome. I love the submarine diving alarm sound that's played when it finds something.
                          Scott

Comment

Working...
                          X