For the Jersey Peeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Jersey Peeps

I sent PM's to anyone who I could think of that lived in Jersey- the Brookdale guitar show is tomorrow. My father in law of all people called & reminded me- I owe him one

http://www.brookdaleguitarshow.com/

cool. thanks!
    Last edited by Firebird V; 02-14-2009, 07:22 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Well, I missed it.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Well, I missed it.
        Yeah, me too. I had to work.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Update: Worth the trip. I didn't grab any guitars (doh) and there was very little in the way of Jackson/Charvel/Kramer representation, but still worth the trip.

DR strings was there, selling their stuff 3 packs for $13. Bit cheaper than I usually see em, so grabbed 3 packs each of 9's and 10's. In retrospect at that price I should have bought 4 times as many.

As far as Jacksons- Saw a Concert Bass with sharkies for $300 that looked pretty tight, but didn't pull the trigger. Rest of it was lower-level dinkies, and only 2 of em.

Saw a Model series (the strat one with 3 singles) that I didn't check the price on.

That was it for Jackson Charvel. Kramer was similarly sparse, with one guy (who I know- I used to go to his store as a kid) selling a Kramer XL series of some sort with a big sign that said, "MADE IN USA KRAMER $500". Then on the other side of the room, ANOTHER XL with a big "MADE IN NEPTUNE NJ KRAMER" sign on it. Man, I thought shit was rough with people claiming stuff was San Dimas (not that Neptune is as big a deal as SD is) but at least J/C put "Ft Worth" out there to make people's lives a little easier.

BITMO was there, too. Didn't realize they were based out of NJ. Had some modded Valve Jr's and Blackhearts, very reasonably priced. The VJ head with all his mods except for an attenuator was being offered at $200. That was the "show price" but apparently he's got some wiggle in there.

I f'd up on a SD JBJ in a guy's junk bin- the leads were cut a bit short, but he was selling it for $35. I decided to do a loop & come back to it- Was gone, baby, gone.

And finally, if you were a Gibson or a Fender guy (or more specifically a LP or Strat guy) you would have had more than enough to keep you busy.

Also- for anyone searching this a year from now- GET THERE EARLY. By the time noon rolled around it was nose-to-asshole and time to gtf out of there. As some of the Jersey guys know I reached out to see if they wanted to meet up, but basically it would be a major pain in the ass rolling around with a group- much better to fly it solo if you're showing up past noon. Earlier in the morning would have been more doable if you're going with some buds and want to walk around together.

Vass
          Last edited by Vass; 02-17-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X