No announcement yet.

Tactical gear fans...check this out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical gear fans...check this out...

This is some new gear I've picked up for Afghanistan. Any gear whores should check this stuff out...definite thumbs up for everything listed.

The first is my Tactical Tailor MAV rack with X-harness. It's a 2-piece design, so when you need to go to prone, just unclip the front buckles and there ya go. It has enough MOLLE brackets to mount enough pouches for a patrol...I keep my magazines on one side and my other goodies (map pouch, grenade pouches, etc.) on the other. It doesn't have any pouches mounted on it...I just sized it up and taped off the excess straps. The X-harness is extra but makes it so much more comfortable and easier to don and doff.

Next up are these hi-speed 6-magazine pouches for my 5.56mm ammo. They have a bungee retaining band on the top of each mag which is more secure and more quiet than a traditional plastic clip or velcro strap. (the 550 cord and tape on the bottom of the mags is something I learned in RIP...makes it easier to pull mags out of the rack and is cheaper than buying an aftermarket Magpul)

Now is my new knife...a Gerber LMF Infantry knife. It's made of S30V steel with a large steel strike pommel on the bottom of the handle for breaking windows or breaking someone's face. You can use it as a hammer if you keep it in the sheath and use the bottom of the handle. Nice knife, and only $75.

Finally, I have my new EOTech 557 MPO kit. It's a 557 holographic optic with a 4x flip-to-side magnifier. The reticle has a 65 MOA circle with a 1 MOA dot in the middle. The subsequent dots trailing the center dot are for range shots...this optic is designed to be used on a 5.56mm weapon with the center dot zero'd for 300m. The second is for 400m, the third 500m, and the final 600m. My favorite EOTech reticle...I returned my 512 in favor of the 557. This version is also night vision compatible and runs on AA batteries with a 1,100 hour battery life. Target acquisition is almost instant with the 65 MOA circle with quadrant ticks. An absolute joy for close quarters fighting.

Groovy, can you make me a utility belt?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
      ROFL. What are you, fucking Batman?

Comment

How about phased plasma rifle inna 40 watt range?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Love the Gerber. I've wanted one of these for years... for some reason the wife won't get me one for my birthday, Christmas, Valentine's or our anniversary. I don't understand why.

I've had to make due with my KABAR...
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

That is a manly knife. If I had a knife like that I would use it for everything (Opening stuff, hammering stuff, eating steak).
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
              No, but this is mine.

Left side: 1-quart canteen, Condor six 30-round magazine pouch
              Right side: canteen, IFAK, map pouch
              Shoulders: hand grenade pouch, both sides

I'll give a cookie to the first person who can tell me what's wrong with one of those magazines in that second picture. It's the exact reason why I hate the GI mags and why I also hate the Colt M4 in general.

-David

Comment

the bottom (?) flat section is quite non ergonomic with those overlapping tangs? Looks uncomfortable to handle.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  the bottom (?) flat section is quite non ergonomic with those overlapping tangs? Looks uncomfortable to handle.
                  No. That's actually a good thing because that keeps the follower spring from ejecting from the magazine when you insert rounds.

It's one magazine in particular that has the problem...this is like Where's Waldo on crack. Here's a hint: it's a defect that is attributed to the fact that they're made of aluminum.

Comment

Tactical Tailor stuff is top notch. I've got a chest rig from them (in Multicam) and it's built like a tank.

I've got the same Gerber as well and I love it. It's a great pig sticker and does a good job chopping up kindling.

The EO Tech is a nice set-up as well. I've still got an old 552 from 2001 that I keep as a back-up.

You're good to go, that's for sure.

Comment

Only 90 rounds? Duuuude, need more AMMO! Must make space for MORE!

Let's see the AR with the optics, got pics? Are you on ar15.com? I've been looking around and I think I'll get an EOTech rig, another with an Aimpoint and the 3rd with I guess a Leupold, I hate to spend $1500, but, I've got 3 thus far and guess I need at least 2 more so I may as well... I'm a whore like that, was with guitars/amps, so why not?

More pics pls.
                      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
                        Only 90 rounds? Duuuude, need more AMMO! Must make space for MORE!
                        ??? I count (6) mags on there, at 30 rounds a piece for a total of 180 rounds plus 30 more in the rifle. That's the standard loadout nowadays.

Comment

I have been through allot of tack vests including rare Russian stuff. I like this vest the best. It can take stand alone plates so I order a Level IV multi hit plate.

What are you using for armor? Do they give you guys the option to wear the Eagle CIRAS with Level III soft armor?

http://www.code3tactical.com/blackha...stharness.aspx

Also I prefer a belt holster for my USPf 45 I think the Safriland drop leg holsters is just a trendy thing. This is according to a few contractors I knew who came back from Iraq they all used the dropleg holsters and if they had a choice would use the belt holster. They say it snags on everything when you are getting in and out of vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                            ??? I count (6) mags on there, at 30 rounds a piece for a total of 180 rounds plus 30 more in the rifle. That's the standard loadout nowadays.
                            Err, didn't pay attention to that pic, only saw the first for some reason... Right you are sir.
                            Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                              you should not fill your magazines to capacity, failure is more common then(leave 1 or 2 rounds out).
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                              X