Best place to get a 42mm OFR block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get a 42mm OFR block

I got one of those ofr from those charvels they were parting out on ebay I need to put it on my 5fx and its got a 37mm Ineed a 42mm block I found this place guitarpartsdepot.com that has them for 19.95 has any delt with them before?
    I was thinking about one of those oversize brass blocks are the worth the money or not?
    Last edited by winnjammer; 02-11-2009, 09:34 PM.

Originally posted by winnjammer View Post
    I got one of those ofr from those charvels they were parting out on ebay I need to put it on my 5fx and its got a 37mm Ineed a 42mm block I found this place guitarpartsdepot.com that has them for 19.95 has any delt with them before?
    I was thinking about one of those oversize brass blocks are the worth the money or not?

I use the 37mm Oversized Brass Block in my Charvels because I like what it does to my tone... However, you will sacrafice some of the Floyds travel in the pull (pitching up), the 42mm would be even worse, also in most cases, the 42 might become flush with the back of the guitar.
    Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Hey Shibs... the Model 5 uses a 42mm block by design. No chance of it hitting the back cover as there is plenty of room for it.

I use a 37mm block on my 5A, but I also routed the cavity a bit to accommodate the smaller block.

Winnjammer, I've bought stuff from them before and never had any problems.
      -Rick

Comment

thanks for the info I should have asked before I bid but if I spend 20 bucks I will still be in the floyd for 150 bucks and the thing is like brand new I can sell the 37mm on ebay someone might want it.

Comment

Well you just reminded me that I needed a 42mm block, so I picked one up from them a few minutes ago.
          -Rick

Comment

I just ordered one also place looks cool they seem to have a ton of parts

Comment

I'd go for floydupgrades.com and get a big 42mm brass block. I gots one and it kicks ass.

Comment

I bought one a few weeks ago. No more messed up JT on my 3DR. Came fast too.
                Their customer support guy Nick is a member here.

Comment

Originally posted by slowmotion View Post
                  I'd go for floydupgrades.com and get a big 42mm brass block. I gots one and it kicks ass.
                  +1
                  Contact Adam at http://www.floydupgrades.com Get a 42mm big block. You won't regret it!
                  2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                  2007 DK2m White Bengal
                  88 Jackson limited edition
                  Charvel Preditor
                  PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                  Jackson DX10D
                  3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                  4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                  Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                  Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

I'll do the big block upgrade on guitars I plan on keeping.
                    A stock 42mm will do just fine for the project I'm working on now.
                    -Rick

Comment

In most cases the 37mm will work for a top mounted floyd. It's what I have been using for a while now. As far as guitarpartsdepot.com, I recomend them. I have ordered a lot of parts from them over the last few years and they have been great.
                      For about $30 more you could have picked up a brand new REAL German made OFR from them instead of the Chinese/Korean or where ever made Floyd they are putting on the new Charvels.

Comment

i was just at floydupgrades.com. why would anybody buy $795.00 replacement saddles for a bridge that costs about $180? that just seems sensless to me.....somebody PLEASE explain it to me....
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          i was just at floydupgrades.com. why would anybody buy $795.00 replacement saddles for a bridge that costs about $180? that just seems sensless to me.....somebody PLEASE explain it to me....
                          Titanium! They will NEVER wear out!
                          2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                          2007 DK2m White Bengal
                          88 Jackson limited edition
                          Charvel Preditor
                          PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                          Jackson DX10D
                          3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                          4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                          Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                          Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                            Why would anyone put 4k rims on an $800 car?

Actually, the saddles are much more logical, haha...

Never break, ring better I figure...

They should make a complete bridge, haha... 3.5k? haha...

Actually, someone really does need to make one at least out of decent metal and not out of pot metal. I can sure hear the diff betwween an old Floyd and a potmetal one.

Comment

i might make sense if you only had one guitar. i have 21 floyded guitars. that would be crazy money....i still don't really get it.
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X