I'm Batman Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Batman Part 3

Some of you remember my run-ins with the bats on a road around here. Long story short I keep hitting them in this one area and they keep getting stuck in the grill of my truck. Well this one is a little different.

So my mom lives across the street from me. Yes I know (Insert sad lame comment about Matt here) so she calls me about 30 minutes ago completely petrified saying she has a bird or a bat in her house and it flew up from the basement. So I grab my fishing net and run over. She is waiting outside and I go in for the attack. I start calling "Here Birdie" and sure enough he starts flying around my mom's living room trying to find a place to land. Strangely enough he keeps flying in the same circle pattern about 5 times so I get closer and swing my net knocking him to the ground but he bounces out of the net and keeps flying. The second time around I snag him in the net and take him outside. He is wicked caught in the net with each wing stuck through a different hole and his body caught in 2 holes of the net. I could have easily just stepped on him and killed him, but he didn't do anything to me or my mom so I will just let him go. I did end up having to cut a couple strings off my net to get him out but he is a free bird now. The net is not a total loss as I only catch monster fish that couldn't possibly get though the holes in my net *cough*bullshit*
    I didn't even think to grab my camera a and take a pic. Sorry......

Matt
    Last edited by OnlineStageGear; 02-11-2009, 11:56 AM.

Very cool of you not to kill him .

Comment

nice work, Batman! I'm a catch and release kinda guy too. Despite frequent instructions from the wife to "KILL IT! KILL IT! JUST FUKCIN KILL IT!!!"
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Meh, I prefer dead varmints.

There's a billion open acres out there for all God's creatures to habitate - come into my house and you're part of the scenery
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well for every bat that gets killed, ther will probably be a few thousand more mosquitos.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
            Well for every bat that gets killed, ther will probably be a few thousand more mosquitos.

Right on Matt,

My daughter Madison has severe reactions to mosquito bites. There are also types of flower and shrubs that discourage mosquitos and of course citronella items. I'd rather have bats in my neighborhood then DEET on my kids.

Save the bats
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by onlinestagegear View Post
              as i only catch monster fish that couldn't possibly get though the holes in my net *cough*bullshit*
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

your a good guy matt!

Comment

Working...
                X