RIP Jeremy Lusk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jeremy Lusk

Freestyle Motocross rider Jeremy Lusk died after performing a stunt in Costa Rica this past weekend. He was 24 years old. Way too young. He will be missed. RIP Jeremy.

I have no idea who Jeremy was. But I located his last jump on youtube where he died. This is terrible..hard to watch really. Sad!

(warning) he died here..this may be disturbing to some people. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyJlfCzFNCA

RIP
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love motocross (used to race myself), but freestyle is a whole other world. Given the ridiculous levels of difficulty and risk, I can't believe it took this long for someone at the top of the sport to get killed. Sad, sad, sad. RIP

Comment

yeah i saw it last night on youtube . he had a similar crash in 2007. I still ride dirt with my oldest son. We are going to a freestyle event at the Izod Center here in NJ in a few weekss.

Very sad. I watched him jump many times before.

The level of difficuly now is insane.

He was great at what he did and very respected.

Comment

Didnt know who he was....but damn. RIP

Comment

Sad news indeed. The crash looked horrible. I am surprised the video hasn't been removed. I love motocross/supercross, freestyle not so much. I remember when Travis seperated his pelvis.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

That's such a shame, I remember reading the news post about that, I think he crashed the previous year doing the same trick but walked away fine.. Poor guy died doing what he loved.
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                I love motocross (used to race myself), but freestyle is a whole other world. Given the ridiculous levels of difficulty and risk, I can't believe it took this long for someone at the top of the sport to get killed. Sad, sad, sad. RIP
                Same boat here. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for a fatal accident to occur. Even Supercross is getting ridiculous. Man, I miss the days of Carlsbad, Mammoth, Saddleback, and various other knarly outdoor tracks.
                "POOP"

Comment

Was he the guy on the X-Games the other day that was trying to land the double-backflip but fell off the bike after the landing, and they said he had to do it over because he didn't ride away far enough after the landing?

It's just sad when nitpicking leads to tragedy.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                    +1. I still race vintage motcross these days. But, I agree tha freestyle is really extreme. I forget who the rider is that has had like 13 operations to keep his body together. Mike something???

Anyway, RIP Jeremy
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Wasn't it Mike Metzger?
                      "POOP"

Comment

Yeah metzger has had a ton of operations. Most of these guys have actually.... Metzger has a group of riders and Jeremy was one of them.... They call themselves the Metal Mullisha.

Ironic. Jeremy had a tattoo on his chest that read "In Gods Hands".

Comment

Personally, I don't think God intends for us to swim with Great White sharks, pet grizzly bears on the snout, or do no-handed double back flips six stories up in the air.
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                            Personally, I don't think God intends for us to swim with Great White sharks, pet grizzly bears on the snout, or do no-handed double back flips six stories up in the air.
                            Amen to that.

You know what they say, the light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

He did have an amazing yet short life.

RIP
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              All true. I guess that list could go on and on but I think that anyone doing something dangerous for a living (including everyday stuff and not the extraordinary like the ones you mentioned) understands and accepts the risk. I believe he did.

Like I said, it is ironic.

Comment

Working...
                              X