No announcement yet.

C-17 Jump 10 FEB 2009 (PICS!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I soooo want to do that. I want to make sure that if I get a trainer to jump with me that he is in good physical condition. It was just on the news whre a trainer had a heart attack on a jump and the trainee had to pull the cord.

Comment

Dude, that rules!!!!

That pretty much sums up what I think!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you can swing a skydive, do it. It's a blast and the adrenaline rush from a jump is incomparable to anything else. When I landed, my knees were knocking for almost 10 minutes from the rush.

I wish I could've gotten a pic from the air, but oh well. Here's a vid of what it's like walking to the door to jump...exact same place I was in my chalk, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbMH2...eature=related

Comment

Being a non-military person, what's a "ruck" sack? I'm assuming it's all your gear, but why jump with an additional 75 lb load of shit strapped to your ass? I would think it would be much safer as well more effective if you could hit the ground ready to move like a gazelle rather than a fuckin tortoise. Why cant the ruck be dropped just ahead of the individual?
          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
            Being a non-military person, what's a "ruck" sack? I'm assuming it's all your gear, but why jump with an additional 75 lb load of shit strapped to your ass? I would think it would be much safer as well more effective if you could hit the ground ready to move like a gazelle rather than a fuckin tortoise. Why cant the ruck be dropped just ahead of the individual?
            There are many reasons for this: In a combat zone, if you drop the ruck on its own, it can float anywhere. You could essentially re-supply the enemy and leave your own without.

Second, the ruck is easily removable.

Third, if you need to get into a prone position for shooting and cover, your ruck makes a good rifle rest to pop off accurate shots.

There are many more reasons, these are just some of the big ones.

Yeah DRM, get your HALO. That was something I missed out on and REALLY wish I cold have gotten to.-Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Hey Lou, thanks for the response. It all makes sense. I'd hate to hit the ground and be shit out of ruck!
              "POOP"

Comment

Excellent! I skydived once and wanted to be scared...but at the height I jumped from (11,500 ft), I lost all sense of height...weird.

They guy before me did a static jump at 4,000 ft and the instructors had to bang on his fingers to get him to let go! After that, and the ensuing commentary while climbing to my height, when they said jump...jump I did!

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                  You have a lowering line attached to the rucksack that is 15 feet long. You lower your equipment 200ft above the ground and prepare to land. Once you hit the ground (and you normally land like a sack of bricks by the way...not a pretty civilian landing at all. It's the force equivalent of falling off of a 12ft roof) you collect your equipment, put your weapon into operation, and move out.

Comment

Very cool! That takes a lot of guts.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

That's fucking awesome, dude! Seriously!
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Outstanding, DRM!
                        I've followed a lot of this, and you're doing an unbelievable job.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                          Outstanding, DRM!
                          I've followed a lot of this, and you're doing an unbelievable job.
                          Thank you, bro. That means a lot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                            That's fucking awesome, dude! Seriously!
                            Haha. I won't lie to you: I get nervous before every single jump. There's nothing natural about throwing your body out of a plane! :ROTF:

Rock on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                              Very cool! That takes a lot of guts.
                              Big balls, little brain. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by scaz View Post
                                They guy before me did a static jump at 4,000 ft and the instructors had to bang on his fingers to get him to let go!
                                I would've throat punched that douchebag for hitting my fingers. If someone doesn't want to jump and you throw them out of a plane, they could get so scared that they have a heart attack. That wasn't cool of the instructors and I'm glad I wasn't on the bird to witness that or there would've been someone else going out that door following the student...

We have jump refusals on occasion...mostly in Jump School, though. If you refuse to jump, you're given 3 commands of "Green Light, Go." If after this you continue to refuse, they sit you aside and when you land you're pretty much fucked. One kid up here in Alaska was a jump refusal and they knocked him down to E-1 and gave him an Article 15. (a big fine and extra duty...for him, a half-months pay and 15 days of extra duty) In Jump School, if you refuse you're just called a pussy and you don't graduate.

Comment

Working...
                                X