fires in Oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fires in Oz

I just heard on the news about Wild fires in Oz. Are any of out friends down under in fear of being homeless? Or other wise misfortuned? Guys can ya post and let us know you're ok?
    Gil

Thankfully I live in a different state so the only way I've been affected was watching all this shit on the news. Man it's seriously fucked up. The Prime Minister was lost for words at one point in a tv interview today. People knew there was a fire coming and had been warned but it was moving so fast it caught people out.

It's mostly rural and semi rural areas, some of them have been completely wiped off the map. There's heaps of pictures here.
    http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,220...06020,00.html#

The worst one I saw was two cars in a collision head on, and both cars completely burned. It looks like they hit each other due lack of visibility. That's a fucked up way to go.

I'm not sure about any people on the board being affected, I hope not, but I will be trying to find out if anyone from work has been caught up in it. Our main office is in Victoria and due to the nature of our work, electronic service techs, we are spread out across the state, more than likely someone may know people who have been affected.

Some of the stories people have been telling have been terrifying to say the least.

I think it pretty much stands as the worst fires in the nations history, and we've had a few.

Comment

all fine here, Gil. Thanks for your concerns. We're a long way from the fires. Plenty of folks at work have family & friends down in Victoria though, so everyone's on tenterhooks, waiting for news.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Good news so far. Thanks for lettin us know youre ok. Hope noone you know is affected..

Comment

Working...
        X