Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bushfires in my state 108 dead and counting!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a powerful account there VitG if it's true. I'm not doubting you, just don't like to swallow an emotive story that later turns out to be written by some tosspot who has watched it all on telly. These things happen, and stories like that spread like wildfire on the interweb, so to speak!

The human cost of the whole episode is bad enough, but when I read about Poncho (a dog?), the horses and deer, along with the plight of the fucking koalas, that's when my heartstrings get seriously twanged so I kinda hope it's a tale penned deliberately to move rock-hard men of steel, like me. (I think that my excessive concern for the animals means I'm a psycho bum-raper or something. This is not true, ask Wilksy-baby.)

In any case, I'm sure that it's a pretty accurate tale of what's happened to some lucky (?) survivors, we've seen the footage of the inferno. I'd have been scared shitless, though I guess most people didn't have time to be scared, events, along with flames, just overtook them.

I wonder how the fire started "in Kilmore at Midday", if it was deliberate, there should be some public hangings.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Ah Rs, ever the sceptic! I believe it to be a true account. A friend here at work forwarded me the actual email from the woman (who is a friend of hers from when she worked in Melbourne) & I clipped out some of the more personal bits (address details, etc) & where she advised her workmates when she'd be back in the office. The same friend is heading down to Victoria this weekend to be with her folks - their cattle property is right in the middle of the fire zone & her dad is running a couple of crews in the volunteer fire service.

My mother has just checked in to let me know that she has finally heard from several of her friends in the area. She's been frantic, trying to get some word of their wellbeing. Most have lost their homes but are otherwise safe. She's still waiting to hear from one friend, but my sister has looked up the woman's name and she's not on the deceased list. Although, how much comfort that provides I'm not sure, considering the number of unidentified (or unidentifiable) victims currently waiting in the morgue.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I have no doubts of the authenticity of that story after seeing the video of how the fire came through in some areas. As crazy intense as THAT was, I'm sure that is quite a calm situation compared to what some experienced...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            That's a powerful account there VitG if it's true. I'm not doubting you, just don't like to swallow an emotive story that later turns out to be written by some tosspot who has watched it all on telly. These things happen, and stories like that spread like wildfire on the interweb, so to speak!

The human cost of the whole episode is bad enough, but when I read about Poncho (a dog?), the horses and deer, along with the plight of the fucking koalas, that's when my heartstrings get seriously twanged so I kinda hope it's a tale penned deliberately to move rock-hard men of steel, like me. (I think that my excessive concern for the animals means I'm a psycho bum-raper or something. This is not true, ask Wilksy-baby.)

In any case, I'm sure that it's a pretty accurate tale of what's happened to some lucky (?) survivors, we've seen the footage of the inferno. I'd have been scared shitless, though I guess most people didn't have time to be scared, events, along with flames, just overtook them.

I wonder how the fire started "in Kilmore at Midday", if it was deliberate, there should be some public hangings.

story is legit, it featured in todays paper, included photo's of the woman and "ponchy"
            USA Jackson RR1
            Charvel Model 6
            Jackson Performer-2
            Orange Dark Terror
            EVH 5150 LBX
            Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
            X