Instances where a TV personality nearly died on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instances where a TV personality nearly died on TV

It should come as no surprise that being a TV personality comes with risks (although which ones depends on what TV show you happen to be on) and sometimes those risks can turn out to be a threat to that person's life.

So let's talk about the persons who dodged bullit while shooting for their programs.

First up here's Richard Hammond

Hammond of course is known for presenting Brainiac and for being the shortest of the trio of presenters of Top Gear and it was in the latter of those two shows that Hammond faced the grim reaper. In September 2006 he suffered serious brain injury sustained in a high-speed (288.3 mph, 464.0 km/h) crash in a jet engined car, during filming for Top Gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KdF9bCTJ1Y
    The actual footage of the crash and a still visibly shaken Hammond telling exactly what went wrong.

Ehren McGhehey

"Danger Ehren" is a member of the Jackass crew so it shouldn't be a surprise that his life is in more danger while shooting the show than any other TV personality. Ehren looked death in the face when doing a stunt called "Dry Throat" in which fellow Jackass crew member Dave England bets $20 that Ehren wouldn't swallow a whole spoonful of flour. Ehren wins the bet, but at the price of almost killing himself considering that the flour had badly dried his throat suffocating him. Note: This sketch was not allowed anywhere on television. It was originally planned to be included on a special compilation called "Jackass: Too Hot for MTV", which was never released due to the controversy surrounding the show over its content.

The lead guy can be such a jerk; 'you would have the land speed accident record if you were going in the opposite direction'...up his ass. The only thing I've ever seen him do is drag race a jet fighter in a Bugatti. Let's see him be a crash test dummy in a Smart car. Now THAT is dangerous.
    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by wetrx95 View Post
      The lead guy can be such a jerk; 'you would have the land speed accident record if you were going in the opposite direction'...up his ass. The only thing I've ever seen him do is drag race a jet fighter in a Bugatti. Let's see him be a crash test dummy in a Smart car. Now THAT is dangerous.
      clarkson can be a bit of an ass sometimes... but i find the things he comes up with fucking hilarious!
      besides, they're mates and they're teasing eachother like that ALL the time

and the veyron vs eurofighter was hammond aswell
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Chris Angel, but amazingly he always pulls through unscathed!!! I'm such as sucker...

Comment

Hammond still has damage from that accident. Both mentally and physically.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

How could you not still be affected. I crashed my race car at 'only' 135 mph (no brakes), and I'm no where near as fast now as I was then. Just can't do it.
            Greg

'86 Model 1
            '87 Model 2
            '88 Model 3A
            '88 Model 3DR
            '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
              clarkson can be a bit of an ass sometimes... but i find the things he comes up with fucking hilarious!
              besides, they're mates and they're teasing eachother like that ALL the time

and the veyron vs eurofighter was hammond aswell
              Thanks Davey. I forgot it was Hammond. He was trying to gain respect or something like that. I think it was Clarkson who took out the previous skyline and nearly shit himself. Both from being terrifed and happy.
              Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

I think it was Clarkson who took out the previous skyline and nearly shit himself. Both from being terrifed and happy.
                from where/when is that? i saw the one in the new skyline (r35) where he almost broke his neck :P

Comment

I think he used the previous one against some 'supercar' showdown and smoked the other car. I found it on YouTube. Skylines were some of the greatest sleepers ever. Now, they look the part.

Comment

Dunno if this counts as he actually died, but how about Vic Morrow filming the Twilight Zone movie?
                    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I think he used the previous one against some 'supercar' showdown and smoked the other car. I found it on YouTube. Skylines were some of the greatest sleepers ever. Now, they look the part.
                      oh the r34 looked the part too. you could make it very tame looking but for the most part, you could see that it isnt just an ordinary car hehe.

been trying to find A r34 here for a while, but you just dont get them in used car sales. not even crappy beaten to death ones.

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                        Dunno if this counts as he actually died, but how about Vic Morrow filming the Twilight Zone movie?
                        Dunno, does having your head chopped off by a helicopter rotor count as "nearly" dying then?
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Mmm R34...
                          Greg

'86 Model 1
                          '87 Model 2
                          '88 Model 3A
                          '88 Model 3DR
                          '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Plenny of r34's down here guys
                            GT's GT-T's GT-R's, r33 and r32 aswell.

Mate had an r33 gtst that was awesome. Couple of mods and theyre SO fast. Front mount intercooler, stealth or megaloud bov, running 12psi. Cheap as chips too!

Comment

Well, it looks like a TV personality that we thought was dead has come back....
                              http://www.blackstigback.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X