CD jewel case inserts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD jewel case inserts?

Why is it getting so hard to find do-it-yourself CD jewel case inserts lately? Not oo many months ago I could get a pack of inserts from WalMart for my own CDs. Now, not even manufacturers are keeping them in stock. Office-specialty stores are overcharging for what they've got in stock as well.

Is this supposed to be part of the Digital Rights Act? To keep me from making my own case inserts for my own original music CDs?

You can find the actual CD labels all day long, as well as empty jewel cases, but it's getting to be impossible to make them look like more than "I did it at home". Plus, disc labels just can't hold all the important info like track title and contact info, unless I want it to look like a damn Powerpoint presentation where it's just black text on a white ring.

Is it just me or is anyone else running into this?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Who uses CD's anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      Who uses CD's anymore?
      Who uses tubes anymore?

Comment

I use CDs. My car doesn't have an MP3 player, and it's cheaper to burn a dozen CDs and pass them out to people to build a fanbase than hoping someone runs across my Myspace out of the billions available, or stumbles upon my website out of the trillions out there.

Plus I'm planning to lay out stacks of them in public places for people to just walk by and take. Sure I'm out a few bucks for the CD-R, the case, the labels/inserts, and the ink, but it's still cheaper than a full-on advertising campaign or giving someone a flash drive that they may lose or will just format without listening to it, or who'll think I'm a loony passing out viral drives for gits and shiggles.

Plus, CDs are more tangible than a simple business card with my MySpace Music page. You can't stick a business card in your car and hear it right then and there.

USB/iPod compatible cards/drives would work for those who have MP3 players on them, but again, would YOU take that sorta thing from someone who claimed to be a musician? I wouldn't.

Besides that, with CDs you're forced to listen to them in a better sound system than a cel phone or iPud.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X