Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere...

....but I used the search and nothing really came up.

Does anyone know how to record audio from youtube?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Download a free application called "Free sound recorder". http://www.sound-recorder.biz/freesoundrecorder.html. Play anything on your computer and if you see the levels going up in the recorder, you're good to go.

For some reason, it does not record anything except what's on the microphone on my Lenovo. But my wife's gateway and my old sony vaio work just fine.
    Sam

Comment

hmmm doesn't work.....

apparently my PC did not come equipped with a microphone.....whoda thunk?!
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

its a drop down menu. You can select various devices like line out, wave mix, etc. The default is microphone. But according to it if you can hear sound out of your computer speakers, you should be able to record using that software.
        Sam

Comment

There are many freeware programs available to download the entire youtube video, here is a sample search from " the google".

http://www.google.com/search?q=downl...ient=firefox-a

This would be video and sound, hope this helps you out!
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Uhh, Windows Sound Recorder, hell-o!

Have to set your sound options first, though.

In XP:
            Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder

Once you've got it open, go to Edit>Audio Properties and select Volume in the Sound Recording (microphone pic) section. When the Windows Mixer pops up, if you don't see a channel named "What U Hear", click Options (at the top of the mixer), then Properties and check the box for What U Hear, then make sure that box on the Mixer is Selected.

Now, any sound playing on your computer will be recorded when you use Sound Recorder, including those on the internet.

If you've got an MP3 playing in Winamp and viewing a page that has sound on it, and both are playing at once, you will record both together in Sound Recorder.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ok I got to the

"Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Soun d Recorder"

of your instructions and when I went to open it here is the message

"an audio recording device cannot be found"

so I really do not hink that this PC is capable of recording anything......stupid HP lol

Comment

Here's a must have trick
                whatever vid you are on youtube, it's a must to modify the url to get a quality stream, especially the audio

first remove any text to the right of any '&' characters
                typically involves related or featured, 2 examples follow
                youtube.com/watch?v=h-T714L3QxY&feature=related
                youtube.com/watch?v=-IJlYtt9r3w&feature=rec-HM-rev-rn

which leaves just the core url
                youtube.com/watch?v=h-T714L3QxY

then add &fmt=18 to the end so you now have
                youtube.com/watch?v=h-T714L3QxY&fmt=18

try and compare two, you'll definitely hear the difference, higher bitrate plus true stereo
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-T714L3QxY
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-T714L3QxY&fmt=18

Comment

^ I tried that on a testament's video of the legacy song. Not much difference. But the Kix song that you posted, LOTS of difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN7zhYbKgdU
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN7zhYbKgdU&fmt=18

Probably works only on videos that have the characters following the & ?
                  Sam

Comment

Yep just confirmed it.
                    I can do NO recording anything at all with this PC without buying an external mike.
                    Just had a 20 min chat with an HP tech and she looked everything up (PC model, seerial # ....all pertinant info and confirmed it.....NO MICROPHONE!!!!

DAMMIT!!!!

Stupid HP

Comment

Well, my lenovo has a microphone. I can talk and record it with the on-board sound recorder. But theoretically, these recorders are supposed to record whatever playing through the sound-card. My lenovo doesnt. And yours seems to be the same boat too. I know, it sucks!

Sometime ago, firefox's stumble took me to a website called youtubetracks.com or something like that. the website even had a youtube logo in it and you can play a video and there was a little "record" button which allowed you to record the audio and save on the computer. I went to visit that website two days later and it was gone! I still have the few Krisiun songs I recorded off youtube for testing.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        ^ I tried that on a testament's video of the legacy song. Not much difference. But the Kix song that you posted, LOTS of difference.
                        Probably works only on videos that have the characters following the & ?
                        The other &stuff is really nothing of importance (aside from populating statistics and data), and technically doesn't even have to be removed, just tag the end with &fmt=18
                        Just was a habit of mine to remove non-pertinent url info.

Have no idea why that vid fails, cause any other I try works, pretty cool tho
                        It's possible the source file was screwed from the start, already a low bitrate and mono which can't be improved upon.
                        I tried a few other versions by different authors and still get the same, and not sure if it's the mix from the source or just a fluke. Need some headphones cause I'm not sure I can identify whether it's even in stereo.

As far as laptop recording disfunctionality, I find it hard to believe it can't be done. Ouch.

Comment

"The URL contained a malformed video ID."

What did I do wrong here?

Comment

Working...
                          X