Playing around with my printer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing around with my printer...

So about a year or 2 ago (can't recall), I scored an HP Designjet90 off Ebay to help my brother do some of his posters. That hasn't materialized, so rather than let it sit there like a $450 lump, I decided to try something.

I dug through some old Guitar World magazines and ran across a Rhoads tribute from March of 2006 that still had the poster in it (I have a footlocker full of GW and GFTPM posters, but the locker's inaccessible at the moment).

Anyhoo, I put the poster on my scanner to see if I could print it out bigger (the printer can do up to 18" wide and 150' length). So I scanned the poster but the fold in the middle pretty much ruined it. The image was too large to CloneBrush the fold mark out, but I found the same image in another section of the book that took up the whole page, so I scanned that one instead.

Lemme know how it turned out:

The one on the left is the one I scanned and reprinted. The one on the right is the original poster. The page I scanned was less than half the size of the original poster.

The white spot is camera flash.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

i think it looks pretty good...almost cant tell you scanned and reprinted it

Comment

It looks pretty good from here. Maybe a little pixelated from the blowing up, but not much. And of course the colors are different, but that's obvious.
      Scott

Comment

It is slightly pixelated because of the grain in the original image. I coulda got it clearer had I scanned the poster and taken the time to clean up the crease mark in post, then printed it. Then again, one should expect some pixelation when scanning a 4-color offset printed image.

Maybe I need to track down the folks who've scanned all those centerfolds years ago that have been on the internet forever, if I can remember their names
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X