Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Edge & Metal Maniacs closing their doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Edge & Metal Maniacs closing their doors?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=113684

Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

More signs of the times, I guess. I wasn't really a fan of either mag, but as a metalhead, I hate to see any flag bearers go down.

Comment

I've been hearing a lot about magazines closing down, especially special interest ones like music or game magazines. It seems to be a mixture of the economy and the rise of the internet. Why wait for a magazine once a month when you can find all of the latest news by doing a simple search or visiting a site?
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Yeah, a lot of niche magazines are going to have a real struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
          I've been hearing a lot about magazines closing down, especially special interest ones like music or game magazines. It seems to be a mixture of the economy and the rise of the internet. Why wait for a magazine once a month when you can find all of the latest news by doing a simple search or visiting a site?
          A lot of times magazines offer exclusive interviews that you can't get online (unless someone posts it after buying the magazine..), CD ROMS and shit like that.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
            A lot of times magazines offer exclusive interviews that you can't get online (unless someone posts it after buying the magazine..), CD ROMS and shit like that.
            Even so. For the average Joe (Not Toejam, he's smarter than the average bear, right Booboo?), is an exclusive interview and a CD with stuff you can see on the magazine's website two weeks later really worth $40 or more a year? With the CD-Rom thing Guitar World comes to mind. All of the reviews and features are on their site or Youtubes within a couple of weeks of the magazine coming out. I never even got a CD when I got Guitar World. It depends if you like looking at old issues or not I guess.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Never cared for Metal Edge cause it was always about popular trend metal mostly.
              I did like Metal Maniacs however, cause there were alot of obscure European Thrash and Death Metal bands. I always like the Wakken coverage, and the Power Metal festivals as well. Actually that's how I discovered the band Primal Fear.
              You guys get a chance, check them out sometime. Kinda like a more brutal Judas Priest.
              Ralf Scheepers almmost got the Ripper Owens gig in Priest, but they ultimately went with Tim instead.
              Primal Fear are a German Power Metal band, and they're one of the best bands to emerge since the early 2000's.

So I guess the digital age might be a factor in those mag's closing down, huh?
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
              X