After my cat's operation..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After my cat's operation..

Milly decided to take a trek and came back 5 days later with a big sagging thing hanging in front of her rear legs.

Originally, the "haematoma" (sp?) was actually the size of a tennis ball on her belly (no exaggeration). I've no idea why they had to cut so close to her front paws though. She's doing fine but we can't let her out for at least a week.

I swore an oath not to tell my father how much the bill was.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Poor little girl.

It's never a good idea to tell the old man how much it cost to save a pet unless it's HIS pet.
    Just say it was cheaper than putting her down.
    -Rick

Comment

What do you think caused it?

Poor kitty.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yikes! I don't let my two cats out of the house. Though, I know all about vet bills... my male cat had to have surgery back in November.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awe, poor cat.

Vet bills can be ridiculous. We just got a puppy about two weeks ago and we have to take her to her first vet visit soon. Will probably be about 300 bucks minimum. Then we gotta get her fixed in a few months. I think it's worth it though. My house waqs so dull without a dog; dead silence all day.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Pet health insurance. I highly recommend it for any pet owner.
            All my pets have it. It has MORE than paid for itself.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              I told my mom to get that for our last dog. She didn't. That dog is no longer with us because he was hit by a car and needed surgery to correct something on his tail. I'm really gonna bug my mom about it for our new dog because she's way too nice to not have that. My puppy's been a dream to take care of from day one compared to my last dog.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I don't have pet health insurance, but I did get Care Credit which is a credit card that can be used for pet and human procedures. I've got a year to pay it off without interest, too. http://www.carecredit.com/
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Most decent vets are private in the UK. Same goes for dentists.
                  Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-28-2009, 12:26 AM.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Amen brutha...

Comment

I remember you mentioned that before, but you didn't mention that she'd had an operation prior. Did you ever take her back to make sure that wasn't an abscess? Seems it would fall under followup care if it happened after an operation.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

No. I asked my mother to take her to the vet straight away a week ago, and she dismissed it as malnutrition. Then I was told she was pregnant. Reluctantly, she took Milly back a second time (monday), and this was the result.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

So at least the vet has looked at her and diagnosed it as a haematoma and not an abscess? As long as she's been sen about it, that's awesome.

I know this stuff is costly, and some will say it's "just" a cat. It can be a tough call if you just don't have the money to take care of them. I have made payment arrangements with vets before but they definitely don't have to do that for you.

She's a cute little kitty too! Hope she's doing well!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Never thought about that, but I should by all means. Our cat is an integral member of the family.

Comment

I'm more concerned about my cat's health than my own. Totally stupid? Yep. But that's the way it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X