Kung Fu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Fu!

I used to believe there was something magical about the martial arts when i was a kid. I still think that those guys are bad asses, but watching the UFC has taken away some of the magic for all the kung fu fighters. Remember all the BS where they use to jump off of balconies that were 3 stories high and start kicking some ass? WTF was the other movie? "Crouching Hooker-Hidden Package"? anyway watch the action at 3:00. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0wRqR9J8WA

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Vf6c3Gaoc

The whole point of the PM technique is to keep both feet planted on the ground and move with the attacker using the hands to block his attack and counter punch.
    The PM technique uses pressure point attacks to the throat and eyes.
    I studied Shao-Lin karate for 20 years(2nd brown) as well as Seiki Kahn karate.(1st black).
    I prefer the soft style like Shao-Lin.Seiki Kahn is a hard style.
    Last edited by straycat; 01-25-2009, 12:02 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm sure its very effective. I was really impressed with the bushido kai or whatever it was when those guys showed up, then Taekwon-Do. after the 1st UFC with the hoyce gracie or whoever it was the face of fighting has changed. Wrestling has really went unnoticed it seems until the octagon. Ken Shamrock the bad ass finally won one. Why doesnt karate, kung fu or taekwon-do rate better in all out balls to the wall UFC championships?

Comment

"Dude! I think I know something about this topic."
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Here is one of oklahoma city's UFC fighters http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/SS4094
          I dont know him personally and dont want to. maybe guitarsjb does. He isnt that big but this guy has been thrown in with the heavyweights.

Comment

"remember Grasshopper, Bruce Lee and Keanu Reeves are gay!"
            "POOP"

Comment

damn that show was in color?

Comment

Yessir! That "OneHungLo" character with the cataracts creeped me the fuck right out!
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                  damn that show was in color?

Damn! Now I'm feeling my age....
                  Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

i just found out the show was on in different decades. David Caradine has been around for a while now

Comment

Who needs kung fu?! Get Bill and he'll tear you a new one faster than that guy with fast hands
                      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

techniques from 3.45 to 4ish are very reminicent of judo and aikido.
                        interesting to see similar techniques being used in kung fu aswell

seen a lot of crane and tiger being performed, never praying mantis. i can see this being very useful as it can be quite disorientating, getting 5 hits in the head in quick succession
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          Yessir! That "OneHungLo" character with the cataracts creeped me the fuck right out!

Creeped you out? Shit you were in your thirties when that shit was on.:think:
                          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Ha!

And it's Master Po

IIRC
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                              Creeped you out? Shit you were in your thirties when that shit was on.:think:
                              Late childhood!
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X