Steven Adler appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Adler appreciation thread

OK major props to Steven for the GnR stuff, let's get that out of the way. That being said...anyone watching Sober House? He was a semi-amusing mess on Celebrity Rehab, but he has deteriorated to being a full-blown trainwreck on this spinoff show. WOW

he was cool and good lookin' dude in GNR but he was stupid... I feel sorry for the buy but I have a feelin' that he will never come out of this... his whole life has been pretty fucked up
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I may be the only other person on the planet to have been able to get thrown out of Buns N Toasties for drug use-lol How the hell does that happen???????
      On the flip side, luckily, I always enjoyed my stupors and never was a fruitbat acting like he was. I've done enough narcotics to knock out a fleet of elephants but never looned out like that, it was remarkable, all I can say, remarkable.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Not to say I never did stupid shit, or took risks only a fool would, but he was awfully weirded out.

Comment

He is a whining bitch who blames everyone but himself for where he is now.
          The guy has accepted 0 responsibility for what happened to him
          I have no sympathy.
          If I hear him say "Matt Sorum stole my job" one more time, I'm gonna puke.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
            I may be the only other person on the planet to have been able to get thrown out of Buns N Toasties for drug use-lol How the hell does that happen???????
            On the flip side, luckily, I always enjoyed my stupors and never was a fruitbat acting like he was. I've done enough narcotics to knock out a fleet of elephants but never looned out like that, it was remarkable, all I can say, remarkable.

You were a member of Guns N Roses?

I feel sorry for Adler. Matt Sorum is a dick - looks like a dick with that curly hair, acts like a dick, and I never liked his drumming. Adler was way cooler.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              Not to say I never did stupid shit, or took risks only a fool would, but he was awfully weirded out.
              He must have some of that A.F.D. money left, because he apparantly has access to some extremely good drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post

I feel sorry for Adler. Matt Sorum is a dick - looks like a dick with that curly hair, acts like a dick, and I never liked his drumming. Adler was way cooler.
                I agree, Sorum is an asshole. But that's still not an excuse for Adler to blame his entire downfall on a guy who took over for him when HE couldn't get his shit together.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post

No I was not, but I am Slash's mongolian nephew on his dentists side

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    He is a whining bitch who blames everyone but himself for where he is now.
                    The guy has accepted 0 responsibility for what happened to him
                    I have no sympathy.
                    If I hear him say "Matt Sorum stole my job" one more time, I'm gonna puke.
                    +1

On the behind the music he was like "i tried to do everything i could to kill myself". This, while your band is selling out giants stadium in 20 minutes. ZERO sympathy.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I felt sorry for him for a few minutes after hearing how he was kicked to the curb at age 11. Then I went online to see how he was doing after Celeb Rehab and read that he had been collared for possession & domestic violence right after that wrapped up. Relapsing I can understand. Some people do it dozens & dozens of times before finally getting there. But laying a hand on a woman, no matter how wasted you are, is unforgiveable. Fuck him.

As for the new show, he showed up wasted on day 1 & put everyone else at risk, then acted like it was all the main girl's fault, cameramen's fault, security guy's fault, everybody but himself. He must've stashed H all over that fukkin' place the second he got there on day 1, because he kept getting more & more fucked up the whole time he was "getting dressed".

Good riddance. I think him leaving is what frees up a spot for Andy Dick to move in. That should be entertaining...
                      Last edited by dg; 01-23-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

His wiki page says something about undisclosed warrants coming up during is arrest. I wonder if those were related to the domestic. Andy Dick eh? That would be cool. Amy Winehouse too! She'd say No, No, No to that.

Comment

A.F.D. is a great rock'n'roll record if you ask me..I actually hated G'n'R when they came out, I thought they were just another glam band - but they turned out to be quite decent actually..Mr. Adler was probably a decent drummer back in the day (for all I know) but to my ears he can't keep time..Who needs a drummer that can't keep time?
                          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                            A.F.D. is a great rock'n'roll record if you ask me..I actually hated G'n'R when they came out, I thought they were just another glam band - but they turned out to be quite decent actually.
                            Funny you say that! I used to have a poster of RATT on my bedroom door. Then, my bass player tried to turn me on to AFD. At first, didn't care for it. But, after about a month of listening to that on headphones at school, I was in a full-on frothing-at-the-mouth GNR frenzy. Then a bell went off, and I remembered that there was a really early pre-AFR shot of GNR on the back of that RATT poster. I flipped it around IMMEDIATELY...RATT out, GNR in!! The circle of life continues...

Comment

"I think about you", "Rocket queen"...'nuff said..
                              My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Working...
                              X