Chinese for Christmas Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese for Christmas Dinner

Man, was I pissed off when I found that out.

My brother and his wife invited everyone down for Christmas dinner but apparently they just didnt feel like cooking and neither did my mother. My mom told my wife two days prior about dinner, and made her swear not to tell me.

To say that I was livid when I found out what we were having would be an understatement. I flipped a lid man, I think I threw a 20 minute temper tantrum about it. If someone would have told me even a week ago I would have made plans to cook dinner myself and bring it down.

I could have whipped up two 2.5lb hams, a 5lb roast, green bean caserol and a mac n cheese caserol in half a day and had it ready to take down with me.

Damnit I was pissed. As much as I really enjoyed spending the time with my family, I have to say that this was truly the most un-christmas I've had, ever. Everything was different this year, including dinner.

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

We're talkin "take-out" here? Weak.

Comment

Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra La.
      Are they Christmas Story fans?
      That sucks dude!

Comment

Too funny... We had un-christmas dinner too!!!

We had such a big spread at T-day, parents decided at last minute to just have a veggie tray, some snacks, and I ended up grabbing KFC on the way there They didn't even put up a tree this year, but they haven't been well lately, so no big thing.

I would have cooked something myself as well. And actually, chinese sounds pretty good comparably haha...

However, last time my parents didn't feel like cooking, they grilled some chicken on the BBQ and gave me food poisoning on Christmas eve!...

Nonetheless, I'm happy they're here to even have KFC with with... Haha...

Comment

You actually threw a tantrum? Were there kids there? If my brother-in-law threw a tantrum about what I served him on Christmas day in front of my family, I'd take him out back, kick his ass, and tell him to hit the fuckin' road and never come to my house again. But he wouldn't do that...

Comment

Fixin' to treat me ole ma to some Chinese pretty shortly! She fell a month back and though on the mend, is still sore and achey. Nonetheless, she insisted in cooking the regulation C-Day spread. I appreciated her efforts and everything was great, but I'd just as soon she didn't go to that much trouble just for me. Kinda sad that none of the people that used to show up at my Gran's big Christmas dinners are here anymore; it's just me and Mom. So, Chinese would have been a super idea considering I had to clean up!!!
            There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Before I die, I'd like to try a couple of plates of Lesbianese! I heard it's really spicey!
              "POOP"

Comment

Oh I know!! I prefer the cuisine of the prissylipstick region to that of the truckindyke area of Lesbianistan!

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                Before I die, I'd like to try a couple of plates of Lesbianese! I heard it's really spicey!
                There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                  You actually threw a tantrum? Were there kids there? If my brother-in-law threw a tantrum about what I served him on Christmas day in front of my family, I'd take him out back, kick his ass, and tell him to hit the fuckin' road and never come to my house again. But he wouldn't do that...
                  I would have thrown a tantrum, too. I do not eat Chinese food, and I would have been really pissed to find that's what I was being served. Lame.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
                    Oh I know!! I prefer the cuisine of the prissylipstick region to that of the truckindyke area of Lesbianistan!

Truckindyke....isn't that near Butchymiss? :ROTF:

Comment

I agree it's lame. We wouldn't serve that to our guests, and I'd probably be disappointed to go to my sister's for Xmas and be served that. If you don't want to put out the effort, let somebody else host. I get that. I was just picturing him throwing a tantrum and letting his disappointment ruin everybody else's day, especially if there were kids there, and that rubbed me the wrong way big time. Sorry if it came across as harsh and unsupportive of a forum bro, but that's how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        I would have thrown a tantrum, too. I do not eat Chinese food, and I would have been really pissed to find that's what I was being served. Lame.
                        I eat it, but, It gives me headaches the next day.
                        I think I'm allergic to MSG.

The Schenker Group always does that...
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                          First off my family purpously lied to me, and dared to ask my wife to lie to me because they knew I'd be upset about it. I had every right to be pissed off.

Luckily my wife knew well enough to tell me before we went to my brother's house, so I got it all out of my system before hand. By the time we actually got there I had accepted the fact that I was having chinese take-out for Christmas dinner.

We all agreed at thanksgiving to have Christmas dinner at my Brother's house this year because Mom is getting up there in age, and is just tired of all the work that it takes. Christmas is a tiring holiday in itself, and it does take a lot of work. So I do understand why they decided not to
                          cook a traditional dinner.

I guess what really upset me (you know besides lying to me) is that no one even considered to ask my opinion, or if I'd cook the dinner this year, which I would have agreed to without even blinking.

Christmas is an important holiday for my family because for one day a year everyone puts aside all the dramatic bullshit and just has a nice time together. We have some pretty long-standing Christmas traditions in my family and all of them were broken this year.

-Steve
                          Guitars:
                          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                          Amp:
                          VOX AD30VT

Comment

It is becoming very popular in my area to have traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners catered - they deliver everything already cooked right to your door, so there is absolutely no excuse for take-out Chinese. I understand why you were pissed. I don't mind Chinese food, but NOT on a holiday - is nothing sacred anymore?
                            You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                            You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                            --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                            --horns666 - 12/29/08
                            I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                            --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

we had tacos...
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X