Little Xmas cheer in Yankee stocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Xmas cheer in Yankee stocking

Doesn't guarantee a World Series, but it sure looks nice unwrapping it (Sabathia, Burnett, Teixera).

(Maybe we can get Manny as a New Years gift (or not get him as a New Years gift :ROTF)
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Been quite the off-season, huh?!
    IMHO they need one more starting pitcher, their everyday line up appears to be set.

Damon
    Jeter
    A-Rod
    Texeira
    Matsui
    Cano
    Posada
    Nady
    Cameron

Bench- Swisher, Duncan

P- Pettite, Sabathia, Wang, Burnett, Hughes

Mid Relief- Joba, Ramirez, Marte

Closer- The Sandman

Health being always an issue, I like our chances
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Hey Joe, Merry Christmas to ya! Yup, it looks good. Did we get Cameron? I know we we looking at him, but I could've been asleep when they made the trade. :ROTF:

Comment

They traded Melky Cabrera for Cameron, straight up if I remember correctly.

Comment

Sure, just throw some more money around, buy a championship. Baseball needs a real salary cap to stop this bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            Sure, just throw some more money around, buy a championship. Baseball needs a real salary cap to stop this bs.
            Yep. Though I will say, it hasn't worked yet. But this is driving smaller teams out of competition (and I don't mean cheap ones like the Marlins).

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Yep. Though I will say, it hasn't worked yet. But this is driving smaller teams out of competition (and I don't mean cheap ones like the Marlins).
              Funny you mention the Marlins since they bought two (2) championships themselves and let's not forget the one (1) that the Diamondbacks bought.

All these "little" market teams cry foul like someone raped their Grandma and the first tinme they see a window, they jump in and take the chance like the rest of them and go for it. All the while perpetuating this charade.
              Furthermore, you know "THE" owner that started he modern era salary shitstorm?? the owner of the small market Texas Rangers giving A-Rod 200 million chickens. The asswipe set a precedent, while trying to buy the 'ol trophy, and then couldn't get rid of the of the purple lipstick wearing great one when he saw the window of opportunity shut.

So please, stop with the Yankee salary bashing and look around. You may be surpised what you find.

Comment

All done legally and within the rules. Yanks actually cut their annual salary from last year. That means, even after Sabathia, Burnett and Teixera, they still have money left over........where's Manny....

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                  Funny you mention the Marlins since they bought two (2) championships themselves and let's not forget the one (1) that the Diamondbacks bought.

All these "little" market teams cry foul like someone raped their Grandma and the first tinme they see a window, they jump in and take the chance like the rest of them and go for it. All the while perpetuating this charade.
                  Furthermore, you know "THE" owner that started he modern era salary shitstorm?? the owner of the small market Texas Rangers giving A-Rod 200 million chickens. The asswipe set a precedent, while trying to buy the 'ol trophy, and then couldn't get rid of the of the purple lipstick wearing great one when he saw the window of opportunity shut.

So please, stop with the Yankee salary bashing and look around. You may be surpised what you find.
                  Where are all those big names on the Marlins now? Playing for others teams. I'm not sure too many players are left from that team as the Marlins could not afford to keep them. Looking at their history, they simply have not kept players in the Big Leagues long term, like the Rays. Buying one is different from trading and signing smartly to go to one.

And let me remind the Rangers did not try to buy one, but they simply overpaid for A-Rod thinking he would be the best player in baseball and their offense would get them by (hey look at it this way, this year they may only loose games 15-14 rather than 20-14 )

And a sore Yankees fan much? They STILL won't win this year, though they could make the playoffs. The team has zero depth outside of big league ball as they have traded away their minor league system over the years, and do not develop talent like the Rays, Nats (followed their local Double A team the Senators closely and now are seeing the same guys like Ryan Zimmerman play in the big leagues, and they are getting there) or Phillies. Their pitching is deeper this year, they simply do not strike me as a great, well-built, and deep team.

Now the Phillies on the other hand, well probably join the Yanks in the money races when arbitration comes up for Howard, Greg Dobbs, Victorino, Worth, Hamels, or two or three other pitchers (Average Joe being one of them). The Raul Ibanez signing bothers me a bit as while consistent than Pat the Bat was, I don't see what you have in him you don't in Jenkins, including similar reliability.

They also seem like they will have a lot of solid pitching this year, though I would like for them to bring in one more solid guy who can play relief or start who's not a Ranger's reject (Chan Ho Park, Adam '8 Million Dollar Mistake' Eaton). I heard rumors Derek Lowe is still on the table, but that will likely need to wait a bit while longer. Personally, he is a solid pitcher, but Ryan Madson is a sinkerball starter as well, and not the setup man they are using him as.

I would also not mind them bringing back The Wolfman (Randy Wolf) if money allows. Thing is though, I think the number of leftys in the lineup could hurt them, and I don't know how this team would respond without Burrell, who was a major catalyst last year for the first part of the season like Victorino was all year.

EDIT: FWIW, I see no one signing Manny Ramirez if he still wants a long term deal. The guy is simply a lockeroom nut case, and one dimensional player. He may be fine for a year or two guranteed, but the only way he will get a 6 year is if they are club optioned.

Comment

Anythings better than what we went thru last year... Hopefully a new year, some new players, a new stadium.....should be fun. As for the Phillies, it was nice to see them leapfrog the Mets at the last minute again (its a NY thing..:ROTF. I do like Victorino a lot. Hawaii's proud of him for sure. His picture was popping up around Honolulu a lot more this year.
                    Last year, it was nice to see the Rays hang in there and do what they did, but,......enough of that sh*t.......:ROTF:, I'm sure RedSox fans would agree. This is a Yankee-Red Sox division and it needs to stay that way........:ROTF::ROTF:.

Comment

It's just so damn depressing ....

the Sox need another top notch starter now to counter the Yankees.. I doubt that will happen...

As far as the Rays .. too bad they didn't win it all, they played hard but yeah ..it was the most dismally rated world series ever ..
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                      X