Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

"DO NOT FORCE ME TO POKE THIS UP YOUR BUTT!"
    This is for the balls of the dude who sold me that hacked DirecTV access card that supposed to get everything including NHL Center Ice...do you see a fukkin Rangers game on this TV?
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

nice-lol lol lol
      God I look pale and sickly, thank god that's over.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Endrik - CDs have a wider frequency range than vinyl. Those 1s and 0s that make up a CD can cover the entire audible spectrum. With vinyl, you have a more narrow spectrum because the depth of the groove determines the frequency of the note. The blade can only cut so deep. Heavier platters (I have a Hendrix LP made from 170 gram vinyl) can take deeper cuts, and therefore can have a wider frequency range, but the vast majority of vinyl albums were not that thick.

Then you have magnetic tape: if the signal is too hot or the frequency is too low or too high, the tape flutters against the recording head and you don't get a good recording.

As I said before, it's all about the needle. With analog (tape and vinyl) you can tickle the Peak zone and get that signature analog tone. With digital, you can't cross that edge without ruining the sound.
        This is all correct, but, isn't one of the problems with modern music recording is that they are mastering with less range. Everything is louder, but the dynamic range is compressed?
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          Hendrix rules. His music rules. Those albums rule. Some of the greatest guitar tones and production ever.

Of course, it's no comparison to the over compressed, sterile, homogenized, bullshit we have today. Christ, the new shit like Nickelsuck, GnR, or McTallica is embarrassing to listen to after you hear Electric Ladyland.
          I have to agree 100%. The stuff is also fun as hell to play in a band. I can respect someone not liking him though, it's a style choice.

Comment

In my opinion, hippie psychedelic music is a genital wart on the musical landscape only to be matched in ugliness by disco and rap. Having said that, Jimi Hendrix transcends his time and genre. Hendrix almost singlehandedly created the 'heavy' guitar vocabulary we take for granted. There were only about three years between the release of his first album and his death, yet his influence touches many styles of music. His artistry and influence won't fade with the passage of time. Respect is due.
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I guess you had to be there.
              Blue Cheer, very early Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, the infusion of psyhechedics combined with blues of Cream and Zep, Steppenwolf, Pink Floyd etc.
              All of it ended up where we are today. Hendrix was one, but not the only one. That psychedelic noodling opened up streets unknown before, resulting in what we have.

It's always too easy to dump on the past.
              "I'm better than EVH, becuase I can play all of that at age 15, and he was a lot older when he did it" kind of thinking.
              Last edited by Cygnus X1; 12-22-2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

blah blah blah and blah
                Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 12-22-2008, 07:39 PM. Reason: blah
                "POOP"

Comment

I didn't read the entire thread but I'm going to give my opinion anyway.

In my opinion everything about Hendrix's albums fits it place. I feel Hendrix kinda gave off the free spirit vibe and his records gave off that open free spirit no worries don't worry be happy type vibe.
                  Last edited by TVTiZtiK; 12-22-2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Hendrix is a God.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      "But Hendrix albums just sound disjointed and TOO loose, like there was no rehearsals, no firm plan on what each member should play - it sounds like they were all handed some drugs and told to do whatever the fuck they wanted."

Ding Ding Ding, you do understand!
                      and not only did they do what they wanted.. but they were the first to do it. Nobody at the time sounded or played like Hendrix. He was a musical genius, a true student of the guitar and a legend. His band was incredible.

Comment

All I can say is I saw Hendrix twice in my youth, once from about 10 feet away. The other from behind the stage and he turned his back on the whole audience and just looked at me and played for what seemed like eternity. I've been to lots of shows but I'll never forget those. Jimi Hendrix inspired me to play guitar. Every morning when the sun comes up I think of Jimi- "the first rays of the new rising sun".

Comment

wicked sloppy, very disappointing
                          LOL

Wow triplehold... I envy you your view at both concerts.

How's it feel to watch Jesus play?

Was his technique too sloppy?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Ahhhh youth...
                          :/
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                          X