Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I do a legal firearms sale on the classifieds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I do a legal firearms sale on the classifieds?

I have an H&K USP, I'm trying to sell before I move to NYC where I can't have it and I don't feel like leaving it unattended here in Florida.

Are legal firearms transactions allowed in the classifieds?

No.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

VHT, FYI: if you end up selling it on a site somewhere, you have to ship it from you to a dealer with FFL for them to complete the transaction with the person, can't just ship it to a house like a guitar... Or you need to deliver it face to face...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
          VHT, FYI: if you end up selling it on a site somewhere, you have to ship it from you to a dealer with FFL for them to complete the transaction with the person, can't just ship it to a house like a guitar... Or you need to deliver it face to face...
          I know, I've been dealing with firearms for YEARS.

I sold like 40 firearms on ar15.com

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonVHT View Post
            I know, I've been dealing with firearms for YEARS.

I sold like 40 firearms on ar15.com
            I was just going to suggest that. Posting on EE on ar15.com

I have a USPf in .45acp nice gun.

Comment

I remember living in L.A. when they took private gun sale ads out of The Recycler. You can't even do it face to face there, not legally at least. Plenty of that going on anyway in reality though....

Here you can still just post an ad in the newspaper and hand it over in exchange for the cash. Instant background check on handguns in stores so no 14-day wait like in Cali. Still not like when I was a kid and you could walk into the dimestore and walk out with a handgun. No background check back then and a form that took about 90 seconds to fill out. Basically fill in your name and address and initial a statement saying you had a clean record and you were outta there.

I really don't mind the extra paperwork these days, except that it's not keeping guns out of the crooks' hands. You don't use a gun that's legally traceable to you if you're a career criminal, that's my educated guess.
              Last edited by lerxstcat; 12-15-2008, 02:49 PM.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

hahahaha, that's the truth!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  You don't use a gun that's legally traceable to you if you're a career criminal, that's my educated guess.
                  That is one of my complaints with the issues of gun control, that it only punishes the legally abiding citizens and promotes an atmosphere that encourages crime !!!

Oh yeah and I happen to love our constitution .
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                  X