Why dont some posts "Bump"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont some posts "Bump"

Ive noticed this a lot lately. Especially in the classifieds section. I will reply to a thread and it will still stay at the bottom of the page and not "bump" to the top. Or I will look at a category and it will show what the latest post was and when I enter that category the thread will still be in the middle of the page and not get bumped to the top. For example, I just added a post to my classifieds thread and its still near the bottom of the page. This is not always the case but Ive seen it a lot lately (last 2 months or so). Is there a reason for this? :think:

It only happens in classifieds, and I assume it's to prevent sales bumping and knocking newer posts off the page.

Comment

Interesting. I never really kept track of where I saw it happening. So its possible that it was only in the classifieds, I look in there a lot. So, what do I do when my post goes to the second page and I want to lower the price? Start a new thread? Nobody looks past the first page. It never used to be like that. I understand a bout shameless bumps with no new info being bad but what should I do if I ned to lower the price, or add pics, etc?

Comment

Not sure how it works, but mine is like no Page 3-4 and I still get messages about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonVHT View Post
          It only happens in classifieds, and I assume it's to prevent sales bumping and knocking newer posts off the page.
          Exactly. It will only get bumped up and only show on the main page, but not in the actual Classified section. It was implemented when the new Classified section was put in place. You'll have to delete the old thread and start a new one if you want it truly bumped up. I don't know why Jeremy did it this way, but that's just the way it is.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

interested shoppers can click on the "Last Post" link at the top of the Classifieds section and all threads will be reordered in the descending date order of the last post in each thread. Which is fine if someone notices your thread on the JCF front page and wonders where it has gone when they actually enter the Classifieds. But if you've bumped and someone has posted in another thread subsequently, they'll never even notice your thread to go looking for the new info.

I get the reasoning behind the decision the number of times we would see sellers repeatedly bumping threads just keep their For Sales at the top of the page. But it does suck for sellers who want to legitimately update their sales with new details or lowered prices.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Sounds reasonable. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt some glitch on the board or if there was some problem with my browser.

Comment

Hey J, can't we just pay a $.28 fee for a gallery listing like eBay?
                Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Working...
                X