Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCF brothers and sisters in N.H., you guys allright ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF brothers and sisters in N.H., you guys allright ?

JCF brothers and sisters in N.H.(and the rest of the north-east), you guys allright ?Seems that you've had a rough go here lately !Hope everything is as well as it can be and that property damage is minimal !

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shar...ge_tab_newstab

Merry Christmass all
    Jay
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

I spoke briefly with Karyn (~K~) - they are iced in, power is out, a number of trees down and most places are closed. Let's hope the power comes back on soon!

Comment

Man, I hope y'all are doing ok. Stay warm and safe.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My sister lives near Albany, NY and her power's out, snowed in, estimate of 5 days for power to be restored. She doesn't have a car charger so her cell battery has to be conserved. Scary shit, and today is her birthday!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Spikester is in that neck of the woods. If he's snowed/iced in with all the kidz plus the Mrs., God only knows what the next reliced guitar will look like!
          "POOP"

Comment

iced in? fukk that. hope everyone is o.k.
            iced in? i bet chucksplatter is spanking right now, that's like a summer day in the park for him-lol
            iced in? gadzooks.
            iced the fukk in? here's some warm magic vibes for all of you
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Already went for a week without power back in September. It sucks bigtime, but even worse in the cold.

Talking about that, there are still people with tarps on their roofs from the wind damage and they still haven't gotten repaired.

Comment

Hope everything's ok!

I grew up in that mess.
                We had a wood burning furnace, and a huge woodburning stove so heat wasn't a problem.
                Still sucks!

Comment

We lost power about 12:30 a.m. and started hearing trees and limbs come down shortly thereafter. 3 trees about 25-30 feet each are now laying in my yard. One of them pulled the cable wire right off the house. We have 3 huge pines out in front of the house each being about 50-60 feet tall. One of them now looks like a HUGE toothpick. Almost all of the limbs are totally gone.The only reason they stood is probably because the root system is so deep. I had one huge limb about 12 inches thick narrowly miss my Jeep. It was about a foot away from it. Nothing touched our house either. All in all we got very lucky.

Power in Hudson is virtually out but there are areas that do have it. We called PSNH and they said it could be Monday before they get all of the power on, possibly later. They said around 392,000 of their customers are without power.

There are many homes that were damaged as well as cars. Saw numerous cars driving with smashed hoods, windshields and even one with no back window. As i was warming up my Jeep, the wind was blowing and was getting pelted with some pretty nasty stuff as i de-iced it. Limbs and some small trees were in the road and off to the side as i drove to Nashua for Dunkins coffee. Sure glad i had the Jeepster this morning.

My wife and i booked a room at a hotel in Mass and had to drive about 30 miles to find it as everyone from NH and western Mass are were grabbing them. We are safe and warm so it's all good. Have our 2 dogs with us as well. Brought a guitar and my Pandora with phones so i can jam.

Will be a HUGE cleanup once the power gets back on and things thaw out a bit. Hope Spikenstein and Karyn are ok...

Thanks for asking Jayster and hopes and "prayers" from everyone we get the power back on soon.
                  Last edited by Superfly; 12-12-2008, 08:14 PM.
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Hopefully most people have family or friends they can go stay with until the power is back on. No heat = frozen pipes. Its gonna be a huge mess. The gov't should use some of the bailout money to help people in the affected areas. Fuck the banks, help the people. Good luck everyone.
                    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Mass. and NH have declared State of Emergency.
                      That should free up funding for aid.

Glad to hear you're ok, SF. +1 for Spikey and Karyn and any others.

Comment

Hope everyone is ok. Thinking of ya

Comment

I'm up in Saratoga NY and we didn't lose a lot of power. It's like my house was the only house lit up in a 50 mile radius. The storms just decided to go around us and destroy everything else. There are still 100,000 plus people in my area out of power but they're restoring it fast. Hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm.
                          Merry Christmas.
                          Gear:
                          Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                          Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
                          Ibanez RG320
                          Ensanada Acoustic
                          Peavey Bandit 112
                          Soon to Be:
                          Pedals!

Comment

I hope it's not as cold there as it is here (-40 C/F (Yep the temperature where the two measurement types match) with the windchill). It would be double as crappy for them if they have no power.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

couple years ago we had the wind storm and lost power for 7 days... ice is hell on earth. no power and they cant get to it... feeling for them guys.. good luck
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X