Amityville Horror Holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amityville Horror Holiday

I just noticed on Google Maps how nice the Amityville Horror house looks with X-mas decorations (despite the horrors and blackness inside).

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...59.997704&z=19

That movie was so dull. All my friends we like "It's terrifying" and I nearly fell asleep watching it. Horror movies just don't tickle my proverbial fancy. I just don't find them scary.

And yes, that house does look nice.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      That movie was so dull. All my friends we like "It's terrifying" and I nearly fell asleep watching it. Horror movies just don't tickle my proverbial fancy. I just don't find them scary.

And yes, that house does look nice.
      Yeah, both movies were weak. However, I'll always remember the book fondly. A neighbor of mine was having a garage sale when I was a kid. They had a bin of novels for a few cents a piece. I saw this strange book with a devil's tail and flies on it, and on a whim picked it up. I was probably 12 at the time (my parents didn't know I snagged it). I went into it totally cold, knowing nothing about it. The only thing I knew for sure what that it was "BASED ON A TRUE STORY" because, well, the cover said so! I read the whole thing cover to cover and pretty much shit my pants lol! I believed every word. It was great.

Comment

Exact same experince. That book rocked!

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        Yeah, both movies were weak. However, I'll always remember the book fondly. A neighbor of mine was having a garage sale when I was a kid. They had a bin of novels for a few cents a piece. I saw this strange book with a devil's tail and flies on it, and on a whim picked it up. I was probably 12 at the time (my parents didn't know I snagged it). I went into it totally cold, knowing nothing about it. The only thing I knew for sure what that it was "BASED ON A TRUE STORY" because, well, the cover said so! I read the whole thing cover to cover and pretty much shit my pants lol! I believed every word. It was great.
        There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
          Exact same experince. That book rocked!
          Reading that book in the late 70's / early 80's was like watching an eclipse. Money can't buy the experience, you just had to be there.

Comment

Too right.

(Featured Jodie the Pig too!!!!)
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

As with most movies, the book is usually better. The Green Mile and Pet Sematary are a couple that come to mind.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That f'ing book gave me serious nightmare when I was younger...

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I wonder how much that house would go for? Now that the price bubble has popped.

And yes, for those of us in that time, it was pretty scary.

Taste change.

Back in the day Halloween and The Exorcist were scary movies. Now, they are boring?

Comment

Heh, I was born in Amityville. I had a teacher who quizzed the class on where they were born. When I said Amityville, he asked if I was the horror. I guess that would get you fired these days.

Comment

I think I feel a law suit coming on, for "all the stress" you have endured ever since.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yay for Google Street View!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Its actually pretty cool. I just checked out the old house I lived in until I was 5. My current house doesnt have the street view, or even decent pics for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                          X