Web browsers won't run JCF login PHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web browsers won't run JCF login PHP

I had a nasty virus attack my PC, and now it seems like none of my web browsers will process the JCF login script properly (I'm using my daughter's PC for now).

Internet explorer 7 crashed every time I launched it, I downgraded to IE6, and now the browser opens, but when I try logging in to JCF, it says there is a problem opening the web page.

Firefox tries to download the PHP file, Safari says it can't open the page.

I think I have the viruses cleaned up (McAfee couldn't find anything wrong; AVG found 8 trojans), but I can't seem to run any PHP files.

Any suggestions, guys?

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

My Firefox did that for a bit. I cleared browsing history and then the JCF suddenly worked again. Also, have you tried Google Chrome?
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Clearing cookies, browsing history may help as stated above. Also, for anti-adware and spyware, Windows Defender has found and deleted what McAfee and Norton couldn't for me. It's free, and has worked great for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...r/default.mspx

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'll give those a try.

Comment

The JCF is the only site I have problems logging on to. I have to go through a damned routine each time which involves running my Adware, then deleting cookies. Oh well, I'm used to it now.
          "POOP"

Comment

Eric - given that you've tried several browsers your problem is likely to be lower down in the comm stack. It sounds like you've either got a winsock filter or a something in the driver stack fucking with things. Something at the winsock layer is most likely since it is easier code to write.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
              The JCF is the only site I have problems logging on to. I have to go through a damned routine each time which involves running my Adware, then deleting cookies. Oh well, I'm used to it now.
              I also have a problem logging in sometimes from the AOL browser... I have to log on and off a few times and then I'm good. Though, if I just use the IE browser, I'm fine, but then sometimes my AIM buddy list gives me an error trying to send someone an IM. And I run Avast and CCleaner constantly, sometimes Ad-Aware.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe, when are you going to graduate from AOL?
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I don't know. It's what I'm used to, and it's easy to navigate through. It's free, since I'm using the modem through my cable company anyway, but I don't really like the IE browser all that much. Any other browser that works better?

Comment

Joe and me r iggnert!
                    "POOP"

Comment

Indeed! :ROTF:

Comment

I like Opera for a browser. It supports mouse gestures which are awesome for those "one handed" browsing sessions. Very similar to firefox, but to me it seems more user friendly.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Alex - Try making a new user for your PC and see if the problems still persist.

You can also try running Avast (www.avast.com) and Spybot S&D (www.safer-networking.org).

Also, try booting into Safe Mode with Networking and see if things work then. (hit F8 before the loading Windows screen appears). You also might want to run your scans in Safe Mode too.

Since the problem happens with different browsers, I'd agree with Tim and say it's something with the comm stack.
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            Eric - given that you've tried several browsers your problem is likely to be lower down in the comm stack. It sounds like you've either got a winsock filter or a something in the driver stack fucking with things. Something at the winsock layer is most likely since it is easier code to write.

Classic OSI troubleshooting.
                            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Thanks, guys. It will be a few days before I have time to mess with any of this.

How would I fix my com stack or winsock? Would reinstalling windows help?

I really don't want to do the fullblown reformat/reinstall thing...

- E.

Comment

Working...
                              X