Fire!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire!!!

Sorry, no pics, but as I was going to the store at about 8:30 last night (Monday night), I saw the roof of one of the local factories engulfed in flames.

As I passed the fire station there in the industrial park, I saw the 2nd truck rolling out (it was a big enough fire and busy enough area that I assumed they had already been called. I could see into the firehouse and saw an empty bay, so I know they sent the first truck already).

As I continued on to the store, I met a 3rd fire truck and 2 ambulances headed that way.

When I came back from the store, I saw huge fireballs erupt from the roof, and thick black smoke that was clearly visible against the night sky churning in on itself. At one point I could clearly see a fire tornado in the center of the smoke.

It's midnight now and I can still hear small explosions from the place, which from what I understand is a warehouse for the local Briggs and Stratton factory, but I think they do some assembly and maybe painting there as well - not sure. It used to be Baekert, but they beat cheeks back to Germany last I heard.

Anyway, in an area that's already seen 3 factories shut down and move off, and thousands of people put out of work this year alone, this is not what we need.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Hmmmmm, mysterious how empty factories burn down in the night, isn't it? I wonder how many shitty cheap houses they can put on the redeveloped land (which of course they hadn't even considered until the factory was destroyed).
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yeah, weird how these things just burn down.... That sucks...

But, they sure aren't building any houses for a while,hahahaha... I envision an insurance payout, and a vacant lot...

Comment

Could be. I haven't driven by the place yet, so I don't know how much of it is left standing. Probably none.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There are a couple small pics with this article:

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.a...8&nav=menu51_2

Talk about a huge building...

"The 700,000 square foot building is so big, the workers didn't realize it was ablaze until fire trucks arrived on the scene. They all escaped without being hurt. No word on a cause."

Comment

Working...
          X