One kick ass tour!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One kick ass tour!!!

I just read that early next year, George Lynch, Ritchie Kotzen and Paul Gilbert are supposed to tour together....Damn that will be cool...
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

No shit +1.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah- read it on Blabbermouth. Kotzen is a badass if you ask me, and you know what Lynch and Gilbert are capable of!

Comment

That is so cool that it's gonna cause global cooling.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I think it starts in February. Hell I hope this comes to MN. Lynch and Gilbert are about my favorites and well Kotzen is kick ass too. Great voice as well as guitar playing.
          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

If it comes to the Indiana area, either (Ft.Wayne or Indy) I'm in, I'm sooooo there.
            Could be a great evening of guitar for me and my wife both.
            This is potentially very cool indeed.
            Last edited by Soap; 11-30-2008, 07:43 PM.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
              That is so cool that it's gonna cause global cooling.
              Screw that it's already cold enough here.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Also note Jake E. Lee is going to be alternating with Kotzen, per Lynch a couple weeks ago...
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

WHAT!!!! Jake may be there? WTF? Is this the tour of the century or something?
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Speaking of up coming shows in my town TSO on Dec 19th I'm so there.
                    I hope Jake got straightened out he's such a huge talent.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd go just to see Jake!!
                      That's fuggin so cool man! I love Lynch's playing too! Gilbert is a damn machine on the guitar.

Unfortunately I dont know much about Kotzen's work.
                      Can anyone suggest some of his stuff so I can check it out?
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven
                      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                        Unfortunately I dont know much about Kotzen's work.
                        Can anyone suggest some of his stuff so I can check it out?
                        everything from his second album (a good album to start with, it's called "Fever Dream") is worth listening to... he was the Sharpnel guy who could write songs... and damn good ones... crazy talent... can play every instrument and is one of the best singers on the planet (similar to Glenn Hughes and Chris Cornell)... most of his stuff is ass kicking blues based rock with good hooks, tons of groove and of course amazing solos... a lot of funk, soul, jazz, fusion etc. elements.
                        If you want just mindblowing fretboard burning then two fusion albums he did with Greg Howe have some of the most ridiculous guitar work ever recorded.
                        One of the most interesting projects is Vertu which featured Stanley Clarke and Lenny White from Return To Forever and Karen Briggs (violin) and Rachel Z (keys). It sounds similar to Return To Forever. Very cool stuff, and Richie is one of the very few who has had the privilege to be hand picked by Stanley Clarke himself. Usually Stanley plays with legends like Jeff Beck or Al Di Meola.
                        Richie also had a modern rock band Forty Deuce which is pretty cool.
                        He was also in Poison for some time and made that band actually listenable but he got most of the chicks after the shows and on top of that he fucked Rikki Rocket's girlfriend so he got kicked out.
                        Then he did many albums with Mr. Big after Gilbert left.
                        There's so many stuff... the guy is just so versatile.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I dunno, I reckon it might be a spot of overkill. I went to see Paul Gilbert a couple of weeks ago and I really hate to say it, it wasn't the best show I have ever been to. His playing was absolutely spot-on, mind-blowingly accurate and fast, the sound was great, the band was tight as fuck (his bass player did impress me).......but apart from a few different tunes, nothing I haven't seen him do already. The one thing he did that made shivers run down my spine was some Japanese-type thing with his Mrs, maybe it's from his new LP, but it was fantastic. The other insane licks were still awesome, but.......just........like he played them last time. I really hate saying that, because he is one of my favourite players.

Now, to see those other guitarists up there too would be great in a way, but the room will be full of other cunts like me, guitarists, arms folded, wanting to be impressed, taking mental notes. That's not what a rock 'n' roll show should be about!
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post

Now, to see those other guitarists up there too would be great in a way, but the room will be full of other cunts like me, guitarists, arms folded, wanting to be impressed, taking mental notes. That's not what a rock 'n' roll show should be about!
                            I dunno mate... there's usually plenty of chicks around when Richie is playing... and they are not there to watch the playing
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Sounds like something I'll have to check out. Hopefully Chicago will be on the itinerary.

Comment

Working...
                              X