• Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath... by the Cardigans.

Heard this on the radio yesterday. The Cardigan's cover of Iron Man:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7QRXMzdsqwQ

WTF?

Disturbingly enough, it's not bad.

Girl's cute. Crap vid.
    Be that as it may, it's pretty damn good. Shoulda' used it in the Ironman movie!

Here's a vid of their version of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XE9X_Y...eature=related

It's not metal, but it's bloody good, if you ask me.
    G.

Comment

White people, leave Black Sabbath alone!!
      And quit covering them.

Jesus, that was bad! WTF is right!
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I like it... kinda cool urban downtempo feel... but in the Iron Man video... that's not the chick from the Cardigans...
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          I like it... kinda cool urban downtempo feel... but in the Iron Man video... that's not the chick from the Cardigans...
          Yeah. I knew that wasn't Nina. Nina's much hotter than the chicky in the vid.

These two converted songs, if you will, really shows that metal peeps can write good songs. To me, good songs can be cross genre'd and still be pulled off successfully.

If one has never heard either original Black Sabbath versions of these tunes, you'd think they were Cardigans tunes.
          G.

Comment

Originally posted by GinSonic View Post
            To me, good songs can be cross genre'd and still be pulled off successfully.
            yup
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I like it! Then again, I'm also a big Tori Amos fan.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wont listen to it...

Comment

i bought that cd back then, i couldn't help it the girls voice gave me wood
                  it ended up being a pretty damn good cd, the musicians were on, it's just a bit weird/ different but it grew on me, i wouldn't mind hearing it again i knew at least a few songs i really liked..

Comment

Not to disrespect those who dig, but I found them to be as lame as the rest of the cardigans catalogue. They made the songs their own, which is usually a good thing in a cover version, but not this time.
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X