Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Penn State wouldn't have lost to Iowa..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Penn State wouldn't have lost to Iowa..

They would probably be going to the Nationals. They didn't really deserve anything the last 2 years with Anthony Morelli as QB. That guy was horrible. He would take a 10 yard sack versus an incomplete pass any day of the week.

I think PSU could probably beat anybody out there with this group of boys...here's why:

Ohio State has had its ass handed to it over the last 2 times. Last year, they should have never been there. It took 5 upsets for them to get there. What are the odds? Well, Ohio fell into shit and came out smelling like roses. We know how that game turned out.

But, this year's Penn State is a whole different animal and tougher to beat than OSU has been for several years.

Ohio State is pretty easy to beat if you have any talent at all. Just go to a spread style offense. Get the QB out of the pocket. Toss alot of lateral and short dump passes. You will win. I will say, if you play 1 dimensional ball, you will have a tough time beating Ohio State. They have played the same game for years. I think they still use Coach Coopers playbook. You know.. " THE playbook".... the one that says " Run it up the middle everytime time when its 3rd and long....no one will ever suspect that."

Penn State has really changed their offense up and it has made a world of difference. We are losing alot of starters next year, but, the coaches say the new guys coming up are just about as good as the guys leaving. From what I have seen of the replacement QB, Devlin, if the other players are on the same level, Penn State will go into next year without hardly missing a step.

Penn State is multi-dimensional this year and has mounds of talent. 1 bad game and it blew a perfect season, but, thats college ball. The upsets and all the other shennanigans have really snowballed in the last 2-3 years. I would stack this team up against any team playing this year. Not saying they will win everyone, but, I guarantee a much better game than Ohio has tossed up the last couple years.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

No they wouldn't. BCS has ALWAYS hated the Lions. Really, they should be up around 3-4 too, as they only lost to 1 point, and as it turns out, there schedule wound up being pretty damn tough. I do agree though they are one of the top three teams this year, as they are the complete package. The issue is they never look at it like "Wow, Penn State IS that good" It's "Oh, <team they just beat> wasn't really that great". I mean they COULD wind up in the BCS Championship game, but it's very unlikely. All the more reason for a playoff like Joe Pa has been pulling for the past 40 years...

Comment

well if Michigan didnt suck and won all their games they would go to the BCS championship bowl too

The Big ten isnt what it used to be, I think the Big 12 and SEC are stronger conferences the last couple years. If you look at the big 12 you have 4 of the top 11 teams in one division of the conference. The the SEC and Big 12 teams have a conference championshop game which means someone has to lose another game where as Penn State and Ohio State can tie for the Big 10

I hate the BCS system and there needs to be some kinda of playoff. Teams in the Big 10, Big 12, and SEC get hosed because the strength of schedules and USC gets glory for winning 2 big games and beating up on high school teams

Should Utah and TCU be ranked so high? If they played in the Big 10, Big 12 or SEC? Hell now they would not even be ranked int he top 25 of any polls. yes...the system is flawed but thats old news
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

My alma mater, LSU, is totally FUBAR this year. Arkansas will probably kick their ass today. Fuck it, I'm gonna continue eating!
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          No they wouldn't. BCS has ALWAYS hated the Lions. Really, they should be up around 3-4 too, as they only lost to 1 point, and as it turns out, there schedule wound up being pretty damn tough. I do agree though they are one of the top three teams this year, as they are the complete package. The issue is they never look at it like "Wow, Penn State IS that good" It's "Oh, <team they just beat> wasn't really that great". I mean they COULD wind up in the BCS Championship game, but it's very unlikely. All the more reason for a playoff like Joe Pa has been pulling for the past 40 years...
          I agree about the BCS being tilted to the SEC and USC, especially, but.. Penn state lost to an unranked team, that although is 8-4, really isnt that good (iowa). Plus they lost late in the season. I know it shouldnt matter, but it does. Penn state kicked ass this year, regardless.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Ever since Joe Paterno died, that team has never been the same......
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
              Ever since Joe Paterno died, that team has never been the same......
              huh?
              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Joe has a bad hip and has been up in the box...hes still kickin ass
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Dude he died 10 years ago!!! and they are propping him up in the skybox like the guy at Weekend at Bernie's.
                  That or that burned some bay leafs and chanted some Egyptian papmooch to bring him back to life.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                  X