Sirius Gets serious on XM and catches heat for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius Gets serious on XM and catches heat for it

Wouldn't you hate to sit at the Customer support desk at Sirius/XM radio right about now??

http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2...hannel-mashup/

http://consumerist.com/5087231/siriu...ed-programming

I only actually lost one channel I regularly listen to (The Boneyard) but according to both that channels myspace page and Eddie Trunks XM page, that channel will return in January albeit revampt

I noticed big changes on some of the other channels I listen too, but nothing I can't live without.

Anybody else??
    Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 11-16-2008, 11:08 PM.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Im pissed as hell over the whole buzzsaw/boneyard deal. I could have cared less when ac/dc took over the punk channel but having them take over buzzsaw/boneyard until January is bs. all ac/dc is nice sometimes but I gotta have my variety of heavy rock music that buzzsaw provides. According to the website, the channel will remain the same programming and djs as buzzsaw but with the name boneyard. I want my buzzsaw!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      Im pissed as hell over the whole buzzsaw/boneyard deal. I could have cared less when ac/dc took over the punk channel but having them take over buzzsaw/boneyard until January is bs. all ac/dc is nice sometimes but I gotta have my variety of heavy rock music that buzzsaw provides. According to the website, the channel will remain the same programming and djs as buzzsaw but with the name boneyard. I want my buzzsaw!!

I haven't heard Buzzsaw, but I know Kevin Kash is out as far as the Boneyards PD. I liked the boneyard because they didn't just stick to the classic hair metal format. There was alot of newer stuff on there too, and alot of new stuff from the old hair bands. Hopefully, there will be a channel that will feature some of that stuff because it's certainly not getting alot of airplay as it is. Here's a copy of the announcment that in the Eddie Trunk XM site...

11/15/08: EDDIE TRUNK LIVE IS ON HIATUS UNTIL 1/19/09. BONEYARD IS TEMPORARILY OFF THE AIR UNTIL 1/15/09. EDDIE TRUNK LIVE RETURNS THE FOLLOWING MONDAY. THIS IS DUE TO THE NEW MERGER WITH SIRIUS AND XM. WHEN BONEYARD AND ET LIVE RETURN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO BOTH SIRIUS AND XM SUBSCRIBERS AT NO EXTRA CHARGE! BONEYARD WILL BE ON XM CHANNEL 53 (NEW CHANNEL NUMBER!) AND SIRIUS CHANNEL 19. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, I WILL BE BACK. IN THE MEANTIME SATELLITE LISTENERS CAN HEAR EDDIE TRUNK LIVE ONLINE FRIDAY NIGHTS 11PM-2AM EST BY LISTENING LIVE OFF OF WWW.Q1043.COM. AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT AND I LOOK FORWARD TO CONNECTING WITH ALL ON SIRIUS AND XM IN 2009!

Comment

Where's my BONEYARD.... AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

How am I gonna live without it. I found a few good bands on that channel.

Edit: Your links seem to be hooped.
        Last edited by Ben...; 11-16-2008, 11:00 PM.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I'm a little pissed about this too because I listed to the Boneyard all the time. Actually, it is the main reason I keep my XM subscription. Hair Nation (which has been added in its place for the time being), sucks and only plays the "safe" radio stuff from the 80's - 90's. It seems like every time I turn on the radio now I hear "Wanted Dead or Alive" or some other gay crap. The Boneyard played that a bit of that too, but mostly stuck with stuff that you wouldn't have heard on the radio during those years, and mostly leaned toward heavier tunes. It was refreshing to hear a station that would play UFO or MOP/AJFA Metallica regularly.

I was also hoping we'd get Howard Stern out of the deal too but it seems like that isn't the case either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
            Edit: Your links seem to be hooped.
            Hmmm, I don't know how that happened. I managed to fix two of them, try again.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
              I'm a little pissed about this too because I listed to the Boneyard all the time. Actually, it is the main reason I keep my XM subscription. Hair Nation (which has been added in its place for the time being), sucks and only plays the "safe" radio stuff from the 80's - 90's. It seems like every time I turn on the radio now I hear "Wanted Dead or Alive" or some other gay crap. The Boneyard played that a bit of that too, but mostly stuck with stuff that you wouldn't have heard on the radio during those years, and mostly leaned toward heavier tunes. It was refreshing to hear a station that would play UFO or MOP/AJFA Metallica regularly.

I was also hoping we'd get Howard Stern out of the deal too but it seems like that isn't the case either.
              Oh Hair Nation isn't just there for the time being. It's there to stay and that pisses me of for the same reasons you stated because I'm quite sure that when the Boneyard returns on it's new channel, it's not going to be the same. Sirius has pretty much played the safe card by "cleaning up" the more rock and urban channels. Hmm, I wonder if you dig down deep maybe youd find out that Clear Channel owned Sirius..

Comment

I liked Hair Nation when I used to listen to the radio. I never listen to local stations. I actually just un screwed the antenna off of my car cause I dont even have it hooked up to the car stereo.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                  Oh Hair Nation isn't just there for the time being. It's there to stay and that pisses me of for the same reasons you stated because I'm quite sure that when the Boneyard returns on it's new channel, it's not going to be the same. Sirius has pretty much played the safe card by "cleaning up" the more rock and urban channels. Hmm, I wonder if you dig down deep maybe youd find out that Clear Channel owned Sirius..
                  Its too bad... I don't know how many times I heard a song that I liked and didn't know who it was (my radio doesn't tell the artist/song) and I had to go digging to find out. If I wanted generic crap I would have stuck with terrestrial radio. I knew that the Boneyard was going to return on Channel 53 but I'm afraid it isn't going to be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                    Hmmm, I don't know how that happened. I managed to fix two of them, try again.
                    They're good now.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but one thing I notice is the sound quality difference. I drove to Richmond VA for work this week so I got a chance to spend some time listening to the "new XM" and I swear it sounds better. I've always been a little dissapointed in the sound quality of XM broadcasts but now they seem to have stepped it up a bit.

That's not to say I'm happy with the change over. I'm probably not as pissed as some people, but I'll know for sure how I feel in January when the Boneyard comes back and I find out how badly they've screwed it up.

Comment

I got Sirius with my new Jeep...For a year...I just don't get a thrill with sat radio...Too many ways to stor and play media of you choice...I find them playing the same ol stuff and even the Metal ch plays mostly Slipknot and ...(Shutters...arggg) Deftones...waaaaay too much!

And doesn't anyone else get annoyed with Hairnations choices...Dokken "Into the Fire" and Kix!!!! KIX???? good god...All the time!?!

Can't see me renwing it...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I hate BoneYard I had XM in a rental I used for 2 weeks and it wasn't even close to Buzzsaw. I've been a Sirius subscriber for almost 8 years now... and have a shit load of pretty much useless stocks...
                          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Working...
                          X