removed members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removed members

I wondered what happened to a couple of people and found out they were removed. Their profile is still visible. Is there any way to tell if a member isn't around anymore other than someone else posting about it?

Umm... Not that I know of. Back a while ago Joe and Sully(Though his moderating was before my time) used to put something about them being banned (Joke about name or something) but as of recently the only way you can tell is if you know they were a Platinum member and the logo is suddenly gone. That's how I noticed when Troy was banned(Edit: he isn't banned, just suspended). Even that way isn't accurate though.

I'm sure Joe can fill you in more.
    Last edited by Ben...; 11-16-2008, 01:19 AM. Reason: Correcting info
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Here's one dude: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82101

The jerk was posting eBay links up the wazoo. He started here at the same time as me. His links were all "dirty". He had a thingy with Fleabay where if he linked someone to an auction and they bought the item, he would get a cut of the fees. A really low thing to do. He was posting about 1-2 auctions a day. I was kinda suspicious of him after about a week on here because he only posted in the eBay section and only posted new threads with links or he would have an eBay link in every post. You'll note the "rover.ebay" if you hover over the links.

You'll notice his name. It used to be "Electric Eye". Not anymore.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

ouch... there is no mistaking that guy being banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
          Umm... Not that I know of. Back a while ago Joe and Sully(Though his moderating was before my time) used to put something about them being banned (Joke about name or something) but as of recently the only way you can tell is if you know they were a Platinum member and the logo is suddenly gone. That's how I noticed when Troy was banned. Even that way isn't accurate though.

I'm sure Joe can fill you in more.
          The Troy wasn't banned. He was voted out of his Platinum status, though. Then he started some more crap and Jeremy suspended him for 60 days. He's got about 20 more to go. And Jeremy doesn't really like people's profiles being hijacked, so you really won't know when someone is banned any more.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            The Troy wasn't banned. He was voted out of his Platinum status, though. Then he started some more crap and Jeremy suspended him for 60 days. He's got about 20 more to go. And Jeremy doesn't really like people's profiles being hijacked, so you really won't know when someone is banned any more.
            Oh really? Sweet! He was(is) a good contributor to Bill's metal thread. What about Bengal? You wouldn't really have a clue he was banned either. He was a cool guy but it wouldn't surprise me if he was banned. He seemed to start a few scuffles with people.

I'm currently looking for old highjacked accounts. The only one I've found discussion on is one that apparently said "banned douchebag for the day" or something like that.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

We need a wall of shame...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                We need a wall of shame...
                I second this motion. Also, guys who had their names changed due to hostile takeover of their accounts should have both the before and after names on the wall.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

I miss Bengal... he was not boring
                  he was pretty radical on taking a dump on damagogical bullshit... gotta love that
                  Last edited by Endrik; 11-16-2008, 05:44 AM.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

"I said the Wall of Woe, not the Tree!"
                    "POOP"

Comment

I saw a post the other day and the user name was "guest" no info at all.

Comment

I'd like to see a wall of shame,that's great.

What ever happened to.. . . Vass? I think that was his name "Viking avatar"

I didn't realize Bengal was gone either?
                        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

I miss Fett, yer he had his faults, but sucks he was banned

Comment

I toned down and just swallow my beliefs and convictions now for the most part. Too many uuuuhm 'rightfielders' (in all aspects of life) here. :p
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                              I toned down and just swallow my beliefs and convictions now for the most part. Too many uuuuhm 'rightfielders' (in all aspects of life) here. :p
                              oh c'mon, let it all out bro
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X