Got(h) Blues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got(h) Blues?

I have been writing this style of a very, very heavy blues, kind of if a genre existed of a classic early metal mixed up with some classic blues. I have a strong influence in the goth lifestyle and minly use this for lyric inspiration. I am curious to know if there are such bands doing this and who they are so I can listen and see how they do things as well. Maybe some Indie groups??

I would consider Down and COC as bands that would kind of tit this description. Aslo early Alice in Chains would fit the bill.

Most of the newer indie stuff sucks check out the bands I mentioned.

Comment

The first few Danzig albums (with John Christ) were some what bluesy.

Comment

Thanks for the links. When did COC lighten up? I always remember them being a thrash band . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
          Thanks for the links. When did COC lighten up? I always remember them being a thrash band . . .
          Since after Blind with Agell. When Pep took over, they sort of mellowed out. Honestly, I like all their work pretty much equally, though.

Their latest album went back to their heavier roots.
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I really like Down. I never heard of them before. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
              I really like Down. I never heard of them before. Thanks for the link.
              No problem I just recently got into alot of Pepper Keenans stuff again. I remember I was really into COC when the new album came out in 1994-95 with "Clean my Wounds" and "Albatross" then I did not really listen to them till just recently.

You should check out Mad Season's full album Above that was with the lead singer of Alice in Chains, its just a tonally diverse album every song is different. You cant call it a "Blues" or a "Metal" album.

Comment

Working...
              X