• Show
Clear All

• Wrong time, wrong place to be a Republican from Alaska

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...7PQLanchO7DiUJ

Stay classy, Minnesota.
    sigpic

Geez, how pathetic.

Comment

Real nice. My heart felt comments (which im sure are very unpopular) on this should likely be reserved. But I will say that sometimes stereotypes and lowered expectations are well deserved.

-Steve
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

What an embarassment for our state. I thought we were above such mindlessness.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Nice... let the reverse racism begin.
          -Rick

Comment

And to think, it is only going to get worse. It's a damn shame someone can't have an opinion anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Nice... let the reverse racism begin.

Begin...? Man, it's been around for a long time. There's no "reverse" about it, racism is racism. Fact is those women probably would have messed with her anyway, regardless of what pin she was wearing. The Palin pin just gave them the excuse.

Do you know what the biggest irony of this incident is? It was a Republican president, Abraham Lincoln, that signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, and in 26 major civil rights votes since 1933 the majority of republicans supported civil rights where the majority of democrats opposed it.

-Steve
              Guitars:
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

From the story, it was a verbal altercation until she pushed the first girl.
                I'm not saying that it was not going to become violent, but, she instigated the physical aspect of it.

We'll never know what would have happened if she did not touch the first girl.

"At that point, she said, she pushed the bigger one in the group, and "she punched me, and the back of my head hit a brick wall.""
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post

Do you know what the biggest irony of this incident is? It was a Republican president, Abraham Lincoln, that signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, and in 26 major civil rights votes since 1933 the majority of republicans supported civil rights where the majority of democrats opposed it.
                  Unfortunately, the Republican party had changed over those years.
                  The party of 1863 is not the party of 2008.

More's the shame, the old GOP had values I believed in.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                    Unfortunately, the Republican party had changed over those years.
                    The party of 1863 is not the party of 2008.

More's the shame, the old GOP had values I believed in.
                    Values, which ones changed?

And what changes in the party over the years would lead you to beleive that the party is now racist?

-Steve

P.S. I'm a registered Republican that didnt vote because the lines were too long. If I had voted then I would have gone democrat this time around because I found taht I didnt have the same beliefs as McCain and Palin, however, nothing Obama has said or done motivated me enough to stand in a line for 3 hours.
                    Last edited by UFORocks; 11-12-2008, 02:47 PM.
                    Guitars:
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Values, which ones changed?

And what changes in the party over the years would lead you to beleive that the party is now racist?

-Steve

P.S. I'm a registered Republican that didnt vote because the lines were too long. If I had voted then I would have gone democrat this time around because I found taht I didnt have the same beliefs as McCain and Palin, however, nothing Obama has said or done motivated me enough to stand in a line for 3 hours.
                      The original Republican party values that I believe in are:
                      a. Fiscal conservationism, Don't spend more than you take in.
                      b. Separation of Church and State. Government should not be governing your personal beliefs, be they religious or non religious.

The party of 08 didn't follow those values, and I could not vote for them.
                      Not too happy with the Democratic policies either, but at least I knew what I was voting for. It's the first time that a Democratic candidate, seemed more fiscally responsible than the Republican nominee.

Over here I had a 4 min wait, so it wasen't too bad.

As for saying the party is racist, my concern comes from the right wing radio broadcasters, the video of the Palin rally's, and talking to republican friends/coworkers, who keep on the secret Muslim, he's one of those people and what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                        From the story, it was a verbal altercation until she pushed the first girl.
                        I'm not saying that it was not going to become violent, but, she instigated the physical aspect of it.

We'll never know what would have happened if she did not touch the first girl.

"At that point, she said, she pushed the bigger one in the group, and "she punched me, and the back of my head hit a brick wall.""
                        Wrong. Read it again.

"I didn't say anything. ... This one [bigger] girl grabbed me by the shoulders and was holding me. After about five minutes, I just wanted to get out of there."
                        Grossmann, who is white, said she told the women, who were black, "You guys don't even know me. There's no reason to think I'm racist."
                        At that point, she said, she pushed the bigger one in the group, and "she punched me, and the back of my head hit a brick wall."
                        Sorry, the girl grabbed her by the shoulder FIRST. Don't friggin' tell me you wouldn't push someone off if they grabbed you. At least she didn't punk out with the odds against her.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          Wrong. Read it again.

Sorry, the girl grabbed her by the shoulder FIRST. Don't friggin' tell me you wouldn't push someone off if they grabbed you. At least she didn't punk out with the odds against her.

Punk out?
                          Whatever.
                          Common sense dictates you don't go looking to get your ass kicked and you evaluate the odds before you make a move.

The rest of the story, You are right, they did place their hands oh her first. I missed that.
                          Last edited by Flatpicker; 11-12-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I think the girl got off lucky. Situations like that usually turn out pretty bad, fighting back usually gets the whole group on ya at once.
                            Guitars:
                            Amp:
                            VOX AD30VT

Comment

I think the girl got off lucky. Situations like that usually turn out pretty bad, fighting back usually gets the whole group on ya at once.
                              Definitely agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X