Cure for HIV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for HIV?

Check this out. Apparently 1% of Europeans have an mutation that makes their cells immune to most (not all) strains of HIV. A bone marrow transplant resulted in 100% regression of HIV in a lukemia patient.

Pretty Cool

Link

-Steve
    Last edited by UFORocks; 11-10-2008, 05:52 PM.
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

I read about them electrifying blood as well to eliminate the Virus in Europe. I dont know how true that is.

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
      A bone marrow transplant resulted in 100% regression of HIV in a lukemia patient.
      What about the lukemia?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
        Check this out. Apparently 1% of Europeans have an mutation that makes their cells immune to most (not all) strains of HIV. A bone marrow transplant resulted in 100% regression of HIV in a lukemia patient.

Pretty Cool

Link

-Steve
        Yeah but isn't he still a carrier of HIV?

Comment

You gotsta drink rubbin' alcohol..nuthin' can lives in rubbin' alcohol.

Hail Obama!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

Hail Obama!!
            I think thats a Kitty Dukakis move not a Obama Hail.

Comment

I drank rubbing alcohol before... oh wait that was everclear, the shit with the corn cob on the label, that's some crazy shit. Never again my brotha!

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                Yeah but isn't he still a carrier of HIV?
                They say he's been functionally "cured" (yes they say cured) of HIV for over 600 days. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have it hiding somewhere in his body, but they can't seem to find it in any of it's usual hiding spots.

The article also cites a case from '89 where a similar transplant occurred, but the patient still died from cancer 47 days later. There was no sign of HIV in the patients blood or organs during an autopsy.

-Steve
                Guitars:
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

What about Magic Johnson. He's had it forever and seems ok. Is it possible that hes been cured?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                    What about Magic Johnson. He's had it forever and seems ok. Is it possible that hes been cured?

Yeah Southpark did that episode. They discovered it was Magic Johnson's money that keeps him healthy. They actually took money, liquified it and injected it right into the bloodstream keeping the HIV virus at bay.

Cartman kept saying thru the episode. "I'm not just positive, I'm HIV postive"..he said that one too many times before Kyle punched him...Oh and after he gave Kyle the HIV virus. Its prolly on youtube.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                      He still has to take anti-retroviral drugs to keep the HIV from turning into AIDS. I think once it becomes "AIDS" you're fucked, there's no stopping it from eventually killing you.
                      Guitars:
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

Hail Obama!!
                        probably why there's so little hiv in scandinavia .. all you can do all day is drink, fuck and play guitar

i so want to move to finland
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                          You forgot mistake short, blonde-haired males for girls and take pictures with them.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                            probably why there's so little hiv in scandinavia .. all you can do all day is drink, fuck and play guitar

yet across the sea in Estonia you have the highest HIV rate in Europe

I hope that the cure will be in pharmacy stores pretty soon
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

what about Denmark? I have heard you can buy some of the prettiest hookas there along with killer recreational drugs. Is HIV bad there?

I have got to start studying geography again, I forgot the Estonia was so close to Russia. I do a little research on Estonia and see some of the chics and wow... there are some good looking women in Estonia! Sorry for HiJacking the thread guys I'm sorry!!!

Last edited by phill_up; 11-11-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X