Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Microsoft update for everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Microsoft update for everyone.

All of you should have this installed by now, but it's worth double checking.

This vulnerability affects all ALL versions of windows from 2000/XP and up.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS08-067.mspx

I normally wouldn't post something like this here, but it's an important that everyone get this update.

-Steve

Edit: It's KB# is 958644. If you open "Add /Remove programs" and select the "Show Updates" check box the update should appear in the list.
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Thanks for the heads up. I already have it but thanks anyway.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I still find it interesting how M$ hasn't yet implemented a security protocol that will trace incoming connections to their point of origin before allowing the connection, and requiring authentication via a randomly generated call/response from both parties/systems.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        I still find it interesting how M$ hasn't yet implemented a security protocol that will trace incoming connections to their point of origin before allowing the connection, and requiring authentication via a randomly generated call/response from both parties/systems.
        I do believe they call that a VPN session.
        To do that for every internet connection would be a nightmare.
        The overhead alone would make any system crawl.

SSL works great, but it's only one-way.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          to get an idea of what that'd be like, go get a 56k modem.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
          X